Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard

Old 04-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
AzureEmmanuel

Banned
How can you release a game with such a major bug.

Honestly, a bug that makes every single damn one song you have on your computer crash the game, how can you release a game so....NOT tested well?

Dont get me wrong, Im loving the game but I could only test it with the songs the game comes with.

Game breaking bug -_-
Old 04-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Nymthae

When I first played it, it crashed a few times (in a short space of time) but mine seems to have settled down now (I played it for about 2 hours today and I think it crashed once)

You're not the only frustrated person though, and he is paying attention so I think patience is what we need. If in doubt next time, why not wait until the game has been out a day or two and see what people on the forums say
Nymthae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
AzureEmmanuel

Banned
Meh I know game comes with bug, I expected crashing to some degree or some misreading information while processing a song.

But a bug that makes you completely unable to play any song you have on your pc whether its on an External HDD or a local one? That just shows lazy testing x.x
AzureEmmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Nymthae

It is a big issue, but it seems to happen to some more than others which is probably the worst thing as there's little common ground as to why it's happening so much :|
Nymthae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
chopstix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureEmmanuel View Post
Meh I know game comes with bug, I expected crashing to some degree or some misreading information while processing a song.

But a bug that makes you completely unable to play any song you have on your pc whether its on an External HDD or a local one? That just shows lazy testing x.x
I really would not be so quick to call it lazy testing. Programming games for the PC is fairly complicated, as there are thousands upon thousands of variations in systems and how they are set up. Not every thing can be accounted for, especially by an indie dev.

The game has only crashed once with songs here, and I played for hours on end last night with very little trouble. It seems the issues happen more often for some than others.

It might be beneficial to let the developer know your system specs and exactly when it is crashing (when it tries to load the song? before it loads?) instead of calling him lazy. He's been around the forums and said he is working on some issues, which is more than I can say for many other devs.
chopstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
PoSSeSSeDCoW

It's hard to find a lot of computers to test on for an indie dev. He probably had a setup like mine, as I haven't had the game crash once yet.
PoSSeSSeDCoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
AzureEmmanuel

Banned
It crashes regardless of mp3, regardless of how many songs there are on a folder, regardless of whether the folder is on my external HDD or my local one....really god damn frustrating

AMD Athlon x2 240
2.81 GHZ, 2gb RAM
Geforce 9800 gtfxxx

Here's an image of the error that happens when i pick ANY song from my pc.
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5803/dibujooaq.jpg

It crashes on every single song on my pc, it crashes when letting it load the preview from the folder, it crashes even if I dont let it do a preview (after the 3,2,1 counter to start playing).
AzureEmmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard