Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #3691
ultramalakian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyluhhh View Post
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.. IM DELETING MY GODAMN STEAM ACCOUNT AND NEVER BUYING ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR GAMES AGAIN YOU LAGGING S!

im jarateed. it better come out within the next few hours or people are gunna start getting AWP'D.

sheiii....
Just curious... would you delete your Steam Account, even though you may have some games in it, just for this Show of Valve Time?
ultramalakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #3692
vtor67

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjonald View Post
The press release is those two sentences.

"Valve today announced the public release of Steam for the Mac is May 12. Please stay tuned for more information."

Nice and detailed.
but where are these sentences so i can actually 'stay tuned for more information.'
vtor67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #3693
ManchesterCA

Well at least we have an answer, but it is disappointing that they released it elsewhere instead of in the Valve site/blog/forum. Let's hope they actually DO release some sort of announcement, and let us know the current state of things. Now that we have a definitive (does kotaku count as definitive for this? Seen as we have only HEARD from them with no other viable evidence) date, I can actually ease off of these forums a bit, scouring for any semblance of news haha.
ManchesterCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #3694
Mangr0v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_yugo_Xx View Post
Because it said "anonymous source" I don't feel as screwed as i probably should. What are the chances I'd buy a computer two weeks BEFORE the release of snow leopard AND end up with the exact same chipset model that "is not supported." I guess I'll find out if it works or not at the end of april um...I MEAN may 12th.

If it doesn't work all i have to say is ,,l,, ^^ ,,l,, intel graphics cards.

Good luck me
You should feel screwed. My source didn't come to my anonymously, but asked to remain anonymous. Intel chipsets are weak even under Windows, and have no 3D acceleration. My parents Dell with a GMA950 can't even launch Counter-Strike: Source.

",,l,, ^^ ,,l,, intel graphics cards"
Mangr0v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #3695
FroggySwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjonald View Post
Please stay tuned for more information.
Again, pathetic, unless this is some kind of hoax. They have a full day to put out a detailed press release; that's what they should have done. By saying "stay tuned," they can now take as long as they want to explain their changed plans.

Anyone want to bet we don't see another press release until May 11?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #3696
captainjonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtor67 View Post
but where are these sentences so i can actually 'stay tuned for more information.'
Right there... in my post...
Presumably Valve will put out another announcement with more info closer to the time.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #3697
xX_yugo_Xx

i got my answer after i reposted, is there by any chance i could replace my graphics card to make it work, if so which company would you suggest i get one from? (nVIDA or ATI)

Last edited by xX_yugo_Xx: 04-29-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: got my answer
xX_yugo_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #3698
heartsblood

Steam will be released on May 12. Confirmed by rbarris.

Also expect more people to get a beta invite :P (source confidential, not from rbarris)
Old 04-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #3699
finchy86

I know the "supposed release date" is May 12th but I agree with many other posters. I think Valve should have announced it first and foremost to steam users, especially after all of the hype created in this forum post, and can't say that I'm terribly surprised they missed their April deadline date...after all we were warned about Valve time. Having said that however I will use steam for mac when it does come out no matter when that is...I already have all source games and there is no point in not taking advantage of using steam on source...
finchy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #3700
Mangr0v3

I did answer you, xX_yugo_Xx
Mangr0v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #3701
finchy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsblood View Post
Steam will be released on May 12. Confirmed by rbarris.

Also expect more people to get a beta invite :P (source confidential, not from rbarris)
nice...so rather than continually refreshing the forum I'll refresh my email...haha
finchy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #3702
tyluhhh

yeah i see it. ITS BULL$HITTT! UGHHHHHH everyone knows may 12th is gunna turn into june then july and blah blah blah then 2012 is gunna come along and were all gunna be INGNGGGG D3AD! UGHGHGH!!!

aaHhhHhHHHHH!!!!!11111oneoneoneone

valve i hate you. your gunna give me high blood pressure. and a stroke and a hear attack and whatever else you can get from being jarate$$$ssssss3d 00000fffFFFff!!!! (NOT JARTEEED)

great now i broke my keyboard from typing to hard. well i guess i wont be needing for gaming anytime soon SO WHATEVER.

ugh.

THANKS ALOT STEAM.

GREAT JOB.

not.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #3703
xX_yugo_Xx

25,26,645,60087869http://services.runescape.com/m=foru...6,645,60087869

This is from a game my friend plays, he has the exact same computer as me (bought it together) and sadly, he does play this game. BUT if you look the Intel GMA 3100 (which me and him have) graphics cards are below minimum standards to run HD...He still does it, do i have reason to hope because of this?
xX_yugo_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #3704
captainjonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyluhhh View Post
yeah i see it. ITS BULL$HITTT! UGHHHHHH everyone knows may 12th is gunna turn into june then july and blah blah blah then 2012 is gunna come along and were all gunna be INGNGGGG D3AD! UGHGHGH!!!

aaHhhHhHHHHH!!!!!11111oneoneoneone

valve i hate you. your gunna give me high blood pressure. and a stroke and a hear attack and whatever else you can get from being jarate$$$ssssss3d 00000fffFFFff!!!! (NOT JARTEEED)

great now i broke my keyboard from typing to hard. well i guess i wont be needing for gaming anytime soon SO WHATEVER.

ugh.

THANKS ALOT STEAM.

GREAT JOB.

not.
Woah.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #3705
tyluhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramalakian View Post
Just curious... would you delete your Steam Account, even though you may have some games in it, just for this Show of Valve Time?

OF COURSE NOT!

cant you just let a guy get dramatic when hes upset man cmon

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam