Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Nordic Games > AquaNox series

Old 05-02-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
slakto

Aquanox 2 - Black screen

I bought Aquanox 2 as soon as I found it was out on steam, but I can't seem to get it to run right.
When I start the game, I get a black screen, but I can hear the sound of the menu. I tried changing the resolution in the config ini file thingy, but it didn't help. Has anyone experienced the same and know how to fix it?
I'm running windows 7 64 bit.
And is it just me, or does the steam link to the aquanox 2 forums link to the wrong site?
Old 05-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
ColdComfort

I'm getting the same problem. I've recently updated my video drivers too, and this didn't fix it either.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and have a 9800 card.

Any updates or fixes for this?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
LifesaverM

I'm having the same issue, sound but no video. You can escape out of the intro videos and press your up/down keys and hear it cyclin' thru a menu, but never any video. Aquanox 1 works perfectly. I'm running Windows 7 Professional in 32-bit mode, Core2 Duo class processor, and a nVidia 8800GTS graphics card. I've tried with 3 different versions of the video drivers just for kicks. Still no love.
LifesaverM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
disfeld

I experienced this ame issue, what I did was... (in Win7) I opened "Documents" and subfolder for AN2, inside was a config.txt file that I opened and changed the bottom screen res to match my monitor (1920X1200)... save the file and saw graphics when I launched the game... set the rest of the video options in-game after that.
disfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:32 AM   #5
LifesaverM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfeld View Post
I experienced this ame issue, what I did was... (in Win7) I opened "Documents" and subfolder for AN2, inside was a config.txt file that I opened and changed the bottom screen res to match my monitor (1920X1200)... save the file and saw graphics when I launched the game... set the rest of the video options in-game after that.
Could you go into a bit more depth, I'm not finding a screen resolution setting in the config file. I'm looking in C:\Users\myusername\Documents\AquaNox2\Config.txt

Perhaps you can copy/paste the portion of the config file you modified so we can compare. Thanks in advance.
LifesaverM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Lukadlo

Solution

I think I figured it out. The problem is AERO, or some visual motive. Just click with right mouse button on Computer then on properities. Then choose left "Advanced system settings" and there click in "Performance" part of the window on "Settings..." button. On "Visual Effects" tab choose "Adjust for best performance" and OK. Now should be Aquanox 2 able to run. then you have to set in Aquanox your native resolution (for me it was 1280*1024). Save, exit aquanox and you can then again in "Visual Effects" set "Adjust for best appearance" or just what you want. Aquanox should be still able to run then.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Nordic Games > AquaNox series