Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Iron Grip series > Iron Grip: Warlord

Old 05-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
weaselofdeath

Great Job!

Well after reading in the forums I am happy to see that this game is not dead and the developers are active on the forums and listen to the users. I have not purchased the game yet but will be in the next few hours.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
evros94

Thank you for your kind words.

The feed we get from players means a lot to us.
Players are the ones that will define our next steps on this game.
We kept supporting this game and our intentions is to keep doing that, as a matter of fact we already started working on the implementation of Steamworks features and some more goodies.
We keep reading your feeds re the gameplay, map ideas and new features (we are on the same page with some guys that posted)
Whatever thoughts, ideas suggestions or bugs you may have are more than welcome and noted.
Have fun with the game
evros94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
WaZzUp115

I love games, especially indie titles where the developers are actively engaged with the community, reading and responding to feedback!

Might I suggest that you create a few sticky threads here, perhaps a FAQ and some links to videos and such, that people interested in the game can read?
WaZzUp115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
weaselofdeath

I just bought it and love it. For a level could make it in the air. Have one main airship and then have some other airships pull up with enemy troops in it that invade. That would be pretty cool. Have you ever playing Unreal Tournament 2004? They had a level where you were on a train like thing. Maybe you could make something like that.

Did ISOTX create Iron Grip: The Oppression? There were a few cool levels in that, that would be cool to play in this one.
weaselofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Ome_Vince

ISOTX
yup, we did IG:TO as well! we're continuing expanding our IG universe this way since we love cool machinery.

Levels on airships would be great, it's a bit hard to pull off nicely on Id Tech 3, but we're open to trying things out.

Was thinking that some drive-able vehicles would be nice, but thats a hard one to build as Id Tech 3 has no such logic in it, we'd need to program it from scratch.
Ome_Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
Crocodillius

Glad that drive-able vehicles are on your mind though. Though it seems the current maps wouldn't handle them very well. Seems to me if you did add them they'd be quite clunky; hard to maneuver.
Crocodillius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
WaZzUp115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodillius View Post
Glad that drive-able vehicles are on your mind though. Though it seems the current maps wouldn't handle them very well. Seems to me if you did add them they'd be quite clunky; hard to maneuver.
That's what I though as well..
I'd rather have more buildings and enemy vehicles and soldiers.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:30 AM   #8
Ome_Vince

ISOTX
yeah, drive-able vehicles in games have a way of forcing levels to look like Battlefield-style maps. Which is cool, only that it's hardly possible when you want that much action and badguys.

Anyways, enemy vehicles, buildings and soldiers are definitely on our mind and hopefully we'll get the chance to add them soon
Ome_Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:54 AM   #9
Crocodillius

Which would be much more easy to implement than vehicles anyway. So screw drive-able vehicles for players for now...

But... If you were to add something in the way of gametype or new map or something you could have it so there are multiple points in a tree-like manner. As in Homebase which leads to two more locations where each lead to another two locations. Players start off with only one Stronghold at the centre/endpoint. If players manage to build Strongholds at the other locations they get a small but steady income of power. Just enough to make holding the locations feasible but difficult.

Or if a sequel was made then something to think about would be a large map Battlefield-style. Where there are multiple locations. Then have it so you can build long range, slow firing and inaccurate artillery, mortars, drive-able vehicles and such.

Mortars being a building I'd love to see in this game at some point. I'm sure someone has already suggested it. You already have the walkers which fire off a mortar so you have a rough guide sitting right there! =P
Crocodillius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:04 AM   #10
WaZzUp115

Mortars sound like a great idea, then you won't need a clear line of fire and can build them on more strategic places and behind your lines.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Iron Grip series > Iron Grip: Warlord