Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
terb_pl

Post ** Update 26 / 05 / 10 - New Bug List **

Valve really suprise me. They add XBOX achievments, translated subtitles (finally!), and some good stuff from Orange Box engine. But after a half hour of play i find many bugs.
And here is bugs list reported by players:

-You can see though lab desk when watching trough magnifying glass.[video]
-You charging your HEV suit faster than you should, with that same speed like in HL2DM [that same video]
-You can hurt yourself by picking can and drop it on your head when running from the metropolice (on rooftop)
-Levitating TV...
-... and magic shoe FTW
-Of course some player getting achivement ingame, but not getting it on Community profile
- Barrel can stuck when Alyx open a secret door with Breen poster. When you walk on front of that barrel, you get hurt.
-HL2 font and icons are messed up for some players. Crosshair can change into Q letter![Screenshot]
-Sometimes overlay don't work, but after changing map its work again.
-skybox is messed up on Water Hazard [reported by trenmost,[Screenshot by Dr.Aaron]]
-some gesticulations are missing when Dr. Breen first encounters Gordon freeman in Red Letter Day[reported by trenmost, (Screenshot) by me]
-Half-Life 2 suddenly censored for germany! [Thread by Makorus]
-Vertical Sync causes stuttering when moving the mouse to the sides.[reported by andrebrait2]
-Motion blur does nothing[reported by andrebrait2] (Edited: oke andrebrait2, look like Nvidia users have that problem)
-High and Very High textures are the same.[reported by andrebrait2]
-You can see no textures in some places in menu background after changing FOV [reported by Dr.Aaron][Screenshot]
-No CSAA for nVidia users[reported by andrebrait2]
-The maps aren't HDRified, even though the engine supports it now[reported by Toystorybro]
-Sometimes bloom effect is too strong, sometimes it don't work at all[Screenshot with too bright bloom]
-There are broken face expressions (G-Man at the beginning, there's something different)[reported by Toystorybro]
Before,after,Screenshot from other thread.
-Train doesn't appear on Roture Canal. Also, incoming metropolice have behaive in strange way[reported by st00pid_newb]
-Train don't even move on track! [Screenshot]
-Breen animation sequense is mess up during the teleportation sequence[reported by waramp19]
-"the vortigaunt in the boxcar shoots his green ball at me, but it doesn't give me any suit power"[reported by waramp19, confirmed by Slamhound and me]
-Very popular: graphic artefact in Canals [Screenshot]
-You can see trough in one wall on Canals map...[No zoom][zoomed]
-Some "trigger"'s are visible in chapter "Highway 17" [[Screenshot reported by Fredrik1ST]

I try add screenshots later, or even video...
Is someone find some other bugs?
I DONT CARE ITS BUG ON PC OR MAC, VALVE SAY ITS THAT SAME GAME ON BOTH PLATFORMS, SO BUGS CAN BY THAT SAME. I USE PC BECOUSE I DONT HAVE MAC, BUT FEEL FREE TO REPORT MAC BUGS!
Added reported bugs all to 60 post, i try add more tomorrow. BIg thanks to you guys for raporting it with screenshots and videos!

Last edited by terb_pl: 05-27-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
trenmost

-skybox is messed up on water hazard
-some gesticulations are missing when Dr. Breen first encounters Gordon freeman in Red Letter Day

However i love this update
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
andrebrait2

-Vertical Sync causes stuttering when moving the mouse to the sides.
-Motion blur does nothing
-High and Very High textures are the same.
-No CSAA for nVidia users

Last edited by andrebrait2: 05-26-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: AA modes
Old 05-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
Toystorybro

Banned
Sprint is restricted, you can't trigger it when in mid-air

The maps aren't HDRified, even though the engine supports it now

There are broken face expressions (G-Man at the beginning, there's something different)
Old 05-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Kitsune Sniper

The Breencasts are broken!

I mean, when you start the game and you see Breen's face projected high above? Well, his face is lit all wrong. It's too bright! Before this update he looked ghostly, now he looks... bloomy.

Old:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...eShotId,91258/

New:
http://i50.tinypic.com/wcgttv.jpg

Last edited by Kitsune Sniper: 05-26-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
st00pid_newb

When I get to the part of Route Kanal shown in this video, I can hear the train but it doesn't appear. It just doesn't spawn.

I'm playing on Windows 7, btw.

Also, I noticed that while shooting at Civil Protection guards that they would sometimes stop firing and go into their default reference pose (similar to the "Civilian" pose from TF2).

I managed to get a screenshot but it's not very good. After a second they would pull their guns from their holster and begin firing again.

Some even put their hands on their heads and began running away, cowering as I shot at them, just like the guy getting beat up here.

EDIT: I'm going to re-install and see if I still get these issues.

Last edited by st00pid_newb: 05-26-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
Zekiran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toystorybro View Post

There are broken face expressions (G-Man at the beginning, there's something different)
I think it was his upper eyelids didn't do anything. His eyebrows work, his lower lids work, but the shape of his eyes on the top remained the same, which is very sad, because I love the Gman and his eyes. :/
Old 05-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
Toystorybro

Banned
I'm gonna have a new playthrough just for this update.

I'll try remembering all the things that are wrong or different from vanilla hl2.

Something tells me the list will be long
Old 05-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
waramp19

breen wasn't sitting in his chair the second time i see him during the teleportation sequence, he was just squatting in midair, his chair a couple feet away
Old 05-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #10
dr.koljan

Quote:
Originally Posted by st00pid_newb View Post
Some even put their hands on their heads and began running away, cowering as I shot at them, just like the guy getting beat up here.
Make a video please. This is hilarious.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
waramp19

the vortigaunt in the boxcar shoots his green ball at me, but it doesn't give me any suit power. i'm at 30, and it doesn't change
Old 05-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #12
Slamhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekiran View Post
I think it was his upper eyelids didn't do anything. His eyebrows work, his lower lids work, but the shape of his eyes on the top remained the same, which is very sad, because I love the Gman and his eyes. :/
Strange, just started playing again and the G-man's opening speech worked fine. No (unexpected) weirdness.

Ditto for the Breencasts too. Running at max settings + HDR and they look fine.

Motion blur does work, it's just not as noticeable as Portal/TF2, probably due to the already smeared/messy look of the world compared to the clean lines of those two games. I gotta admit, I didn't notice MB much in Ep2 myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waramp19 View Post
the vortigaunt in the boxcar shoots his green ball at me, but it doesn't give me any suit power. i'm at 30, and it doesn't change
Confirmed this myself. I was at 53 power myself.

Also: No more pistol charging, dagnabbit.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
sasuke2490

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrebrait2 View Post
-Vertical Sync causes stuttering when moving the mouse to the sides.
-Motion blur does nothing
-High and Very High textures are the same.
-No CSAA for nVidia users
dont use verticle sync and put ur recommended on so your computer will handle it you can see recommended by that little * thing near the high low thing
Old 05-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #14
Nelson340

There's a random pink and black checkerboard seen here.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #15
Slamhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson340 View Post
There's a random pink and black checkerboard seen here.
Yeah, noticed that myself. I thought it was a random missing decal caused by the nearby Manhack grazing the wall, but since your screenshot is in exactly the same place as mine I guess it's a minor glitch.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2