Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 06-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Im fubar

L4D2 team updating L4D2 without having to deal with MicroSoft's face

I think The L4D2 team found a way,or made an arrangement with MS to update L4D2 with out having to deal with their asss every single time they want to release an update.

This is an amazing thing, as we will be getting L4D2 update as soon as the PC get them. Not like old times where we have to wait ages.

Maybe now L4D team can fix small xbox360 specific problems like this one here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1285041

Also they could do it with L4D1 when they release the passing on it...and maybe add team versus like the PC

Old 06-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Machiavellus

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1271874

I already posted this thread ages ago.
Machiavellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Im fubar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavellus View Post
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1271874

I already posted this thread ages ago.

I know i can delete the thread but I'm not going to...not before they fix IDLE mic issue.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
Rayman1103

I hope L4D1 can have updates like L4D2, maybe even Mutations would be cool. I know L4D1 can't have all of the Mutations, because it doesn't have melee weapons, but it could have some.
Rayman1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
rocker25

If Valve found a way to cram a load of stuff, they could do this in-game blog thing for The Orange Box so we may finally have delicious updates.

If not, I'll settle for updated TF2 as an XBLA title.
rocker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
Brain_Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im fubar View Post

I know i can delete the thread but I'm not going to...not before they fix IDLE mic issue.
uh party chat, other wise there is no point to be talking cause you are not doing anything for the team but being idle.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
cpt_freakout

You know what they can fix? That damn exploit in the first stage of Dead Center where people jump off the first hallway's window and skip half the level.

They could also make the "Director" better by giving it a quicker reaction time so that good Survivor rusher teams have a harder time at it, instead of having the team playing as infected just look at them walk by good chunks of stages waiting to respawn as is the current case. I mean, it's a valid tactic and so on, and kudos to those who do it right and well (since it takes time perfecting such a thing), but when playing as infected it's terrible to see survivors just run by as zombies are spawned bloody behind them because the AI is too slow and dumb.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
Machiavellus

That's not really an exploit. It's just an awesome-core short-cut. And if you see people trying to do it... use a charger. Maybe a jockey? I mean come on. This exploit is one of the easiest to combat in the world... Smoker one back? Jockey one off the ledge. INSTANT KILL MULTIPLE VICTIMS STANDING IN FRONT OF THE WINDOW?

I mean come on. If we're going to talk about exploits that are worth fixing, pick something that's more game breaking please.

The AI director is definitely annoying. The other day we rushed some realism, basically death racing, but managing to stay in groups of two saving each other. At one point myself and another player pulled probably 35% or so of the map ahead and we reached a point where the AID had stopped spawning zombies for us. (They were all after the two behind us apparently.) And that I think is pretty broken. We made it nearly through the last of the map seeing only an occasional zombie here and there.

We were just laughing and asking each other. "YOU SEE ANY ZOMBIES BRO?" "NOU?!?!" while the two behind us were ing and moaning about wahwahwah there's a million zombies.

And to make the story even worse for the opposing team, they managed to outrun the horde spawned for them, which stayed spawned and chasing them. (Why the AID never spawned any more zombies... except for the few they had to clear to move on. Which is where our occasional zombie spawn came from.)

tl;dr || If you let a big enough horde spawn and chase you. The map will be free of zombies ahead of you, making the run that much easier.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #9
cpt_freakout

Hahahaha 'awesome-core'... I know I can use any infected to kill them off, except when I can't (spawn times, etc.). That's when it sucks, and it's not like the level is long enough to say 'well ok'. They skip half of it, and the most dangerous parts as well!

Granted there's bigger issues at hand, but I think it shouldn't be too hard to fix. Not like I know about coding and , but to my uneducated mind it would seem simple.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #10
Machiavellus

The only way I see this being fixed is if they removed the Hold A to not grab ledges mechanic. And I need that mechanic to pull off certain daredevil jumps...(jumping over a gap which a fall into would result in death.)

but I think removing something that significant, all over a fairly difficult to accomplish shortcut... from ONE map... that's just stupid.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead 2