Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 07:18 AM   #241
Echaru
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Sound issues

I searched for similar threads, but found none, but if there are any sorry for duplicating. I just got Steam for the mac a few weeks ago, and bought the Orange Box promptly. I just finished Half Life 2 the other day, and am moving on the Episode One. But the issues I've been having with all the Half Life games is the sound. It seems like when it's trying to handle to many sounds at once it just cuts out, mainly during large scale battles and clip scenes. There were a few forums I read online about this, but they were all many years old and said that this problem was fixed. Is a Mac thing that Valve is fixing? Or is it just me?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:22 AM   #242
Ntt4
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 72
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echaru View Post
I searched for similar threads, but found none, but if there are any sorry for duplicating. I just got Steam for the mac a few weeks ago, and bought the Orange Box promptly. I just finished Half Life 2 the other day, and am moving on the Episode One. But the issues I've been having with all the Half Life games is the sound. It seems like when it's trying to handle to many sounds at once it just cuts out, mainly during large scale battles and clip scenes. There were a few forums I read online about this, but they were all many years old and said that this problem was fixed. Is a Mac thing that Valve is fixing? Or is it just me?

Hmm.I still haven't got round to install HL2 on my Macbook Pro yet. I'll have to do that at some point... In the mean time...

Whats your OSX Version and What machine are you trying to play the game on ?
Ntt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #243
Echaru
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntt4 View Post
Hmm.I still haven't got round to install HL2 on my Macbook Pro yet. I'll have to do that at some point... In the mean time...

Whats your OSX Version and What machine are you trying to play the game on ?
Oh, whoops, I meant to make a thread not a reply, lol. Well, it's an iMac, OS X version 10.5.8.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #244
ShadoHawk
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Reputation: 0
Posts: 22
I can't believe I missed this yesterday.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3923

Quote:
Big things are happening RIGHT NOW at Valve. Things involving cultivated tree-fruit. BIG things. Things that rhyme with "grapple." Things that rhyme with "Speem Gortress zmavailable on the Babac."

Not today. But tomorrow. BIG THINGS. Stay tuned...
ShadoHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #245
Ntt4
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 72
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echaru View Post
Oh, whoops, I meant to make a thread not a reply, lol. Well, it's an iMac, OS X version 10.5.8.
Lol, No problem. You can try making a new thread if you wish. You'll probably get more help that way.

The best solution at the moment seems to be upgrading to 10.6.3
It's worth the cost


Post 2 -


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoHawk View Post
I can't believe I missed this yesterday.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3923
OMG. I missed that too :0

But for some reason, I can't think of anything to rhyme with Grappl.... Ah wait, I get it now
Ntt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #246
Ntt4
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 72
Posts: 594
This post will have the most up-to date version of Steam linked to it for people that are having trouble downloading and applying updates.

Latest version -
http://i72d.com/Steam.dmg
Updated 9th April 2012
(I changed to format to .dmg to help some people. Make sure that you place the Steam app into your applications folder!)

Middle age version - I forgot when this was uploaded.
http://cl.ly/1LJz

Oldest version - This is the fallback version!
http://i72d.com/Steam_2010.zip
Updated 17th June 2010

The cl.ly link below is a copy of the old version above, but you guys downloaded the file 13456 times over two years and I've been asked by cloudy to move the file. Thus, the link has been deprecated and updated as above!
http://cl.ly/1OwQ



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntt4 View Post
Hi All,

Just a quick update from me.

Over the next few Steam updates i'm going to be trialing a script that will automatically download Steam's components and bundle them into a pre-made build Hopefully it will work.

Also, The file will be hosted in 2 locations...

The main link
http://www.i72d.com/Steam.dmg

and here
http://www.i72d.com/motd/Steam.dmg


Why two locations?
I've got a 3453 line error log from people trying to access the old location over a period of 2 months, So i'm putting a symlink in place so you can get it from either link

My server is being updated at the moment with a critical bug fix, But the new links should be active soon Fixed

- Tavis

Last edited by Ntt4: 03-28-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Ntt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #247
zarthek
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntt4 View Post
Try this version of steam here. http://cl.ly/1Cqx I think it may be one version out of date, but it should be able to update after using that version. Just incase you are wondering... All it is, is the original version of steam, with the 4th patch added.
I can't open that type of file, getting the message, 'Safari can't open the file "Steam1.app.7z because no available application can open it.'
zarthek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #248
Ntt4
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 72
Posts: 594
Oops. I'll remember to use .zip files from the next update.

for .7z files use The Unarchiver.

Also, Use this Version of Steam. This is the newest. http://cl.ly/1LJz
Ntt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #249
swiftelf
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 5
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntt4 View Post
Oops. I'll remember to use .zip files from the next update.

for .7z files use The Unarchiver.

Also, Use this Version of Steam. This is the newest. http://cl.ly/1LJz
i can confirm that the unarchiver is a great utility i use it myself, never had issues with it.
swiftelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #250
zarthek
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntt4 View Post
Oops. I'll remember to use .zip files from the next update.

for .7z files use The Unarchiver.

Also, Use this Version of Steam. This is the newest. http://cl.ly/1LJz

Thanks, can get that file open now
Even better, steam is 100% functional on this computer
zarthek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #251
Ntt4
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 72
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarthek View Post
Thanks, can get that file open now
Even better, steam is 100% functional on this computer
Glad it worked.

I'll add the unarchiver to the FAQ and I believe that I have already linked to the pre-made Steam file somewhere.

Swiftelf - The Unarchiver is the best decompression software available for free by far
Ntt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #252
swiftelf
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 5
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntt4 View Post
Glad it worked.

I'll add the unarchiver to the FAQ and I believe that I have already linked to the pre-made Steam file somewhere.

Swiftelf - The Unarchiver is the best decompression software available for free by far
Yea it is, i've tried numerous others and none had as many uncompressions(like .7z or.rar etc) nor are they even close to as fast as this little jewel.
swiftelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #253
SimonBS
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 20
Team Fortress 2 is now ón the Steam Store! You think we'll get more this week? ;-)
SimonBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #254
kleril
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBS View Post
Team Fortress 2 is now ón the Steam Store! You think we'll get more this week? ;-)
Do we need anything else?
kleril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #255
SimonBS
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleril View Post
Do we need anything else?
Haha. I'ld like to see some smaller games - some I've never tried out. As an example, I trues Madballs this way and now I love it. Or maybe Left 4 Dead 2. Would LOVE that for Mac.
SimonBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Steam


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.