Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III

Old 03-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
bjrial1

Help with modding

I've read through the threads I've found here and on gamespot and some of them have helped but I'm still having problems. My problem is that most of the mods i install don't even show up when i go to Data files from the Morrowind main menu. Right now the only 2 that work are No glow and something else. I downloaded and installed a bunch to the steam/steamapps/common/morrowind/datafiles folder(like better bodies), and they wont show up in the main menu to activate them. I've changed the morrowind, tribunal, and bloodmoon dates to 2002, 2003. If someone could help that would be awesome.

And one last thing. Does windows 7 handle mods better, and/or does it take less ram to run than vista(what i have now). If so i can get if pretty cheap through school.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
pol3cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrial1 View Post
I've read through the threads I've found here and on gamespot and some of them have helped but I'm still having problems. My problem is that most of the mods i install don't even show up when i go to Data files from the Morrowind main menu. Right now the only 2 that work are No glow and something else. I downloaded and installed a bunch to the steam/steamapps/common/morrowind/datafiles folder(like better bodies), and they wont show up in the main menu to activate them. I've changed the morrowind, tribunal, and bloodmoon dates to 2002, 2003. If someone could help that would be awesome.

And one last thing. Does windows 7 handle mods better, and/or does it take less ram to run than vista(what i have now). If so i can get if pretty cheap through school.
i've done the same things you do, and have the same problems. bumping for halp!
Old 05-31-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
Revenile

Ok, I'll try and help you out. The first question is the obvious one, but still needs to be asked.

Did you change the dates on the ESM/ESP or the BSA files? It matters big time on which you did, because it's the BSA's that need changing.

Second make sure all your mods are checked in the data files window on the launcher.

Third, make sure all mods go into the data files folder on your steam > steamapps > common > morrowind folder. This sounds like you probably do since no glow is working. For textures, if they DON'T have an ESP linked to them, the files must be in the base texture folder, no organization on this one.

We'll start here, the important one though is the first one, because the BSA files are the storage files of all the default resources for the game, textures, sounds, models, etc. These have to have the lowest date because the game will look in the data files folder (and the folders in there) for newer stuff and automatically apply them if they are newer. Truly a genius way to do it, but at the same time it can be confusing.
Revenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
jp_bl_68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenile View Post
Ok, I'll try and help you out...
Hey Revenile, thanks for the help. I've done all of that, double checked the dates, but still can't get the textures pack to work. I tried running a couple of other mods (better bodies and morrowind's riches) and they both cause errors when starting a game and cause every character to be covered in yellow and purple blocks. I managed to get MGE working but that's about it.

I tried applying the mods to the steamapps/common/morrowind directory and then tried applying them to the program files/bethesda/morrowing directory. No luck there either.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III