Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers

Old 06-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
cemmillia

(12) Sarkahn Vol & Ajani Goldmane bugged

My friend and I have successfully wiped the floor with Sarkahn & Ajani twice now using the decks "Mind of Void" and "Relics of Doom". It grants a new card with the defeat, but it doesn't unlock 13. Milling out the other two headed campaign opponents worked just fine, why can't I get past this fight?
Old 06-19-2010, 03:54 AM   #2
Binksie

I've heard very few comments on this, which I assume is because no one really plays the co-op campaign, but I'm experiencing this myself, and I've read about it occasionally on this forum.

Interestingly, according to achievement statistics, there are a few who have gotten through it all.
Binksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
darkspir

I've got this same problem and it's the only thing preventing me from getting 100%. Really frustrating bug..
darkspir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
decPL

I had the same problem - but just once - I've retried the match and didn't have any glitches. Kinda' sucks if it's permanent for you guys...
Old 06-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
cemmillia

Quote:
Originally Posted by decPL View Post
I had the same problem - but just once - I've retried the match and didn't have any glitches. Kinda' sucks if it's permanent for you guys...
it happened to my friend and I 3 times, lol we won the last one with 1 life. fun times. Well he had a bottle gnome out so.. 4 life.. but you know.

Got sick of it and beat them again on the expansion version, they're a little nastier and quicker on that one though :P
cemmillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Binksie

Got it working after restarting and winning a few times tonight, then the same thing happened on the final battle but after a few tries that worked out too. Planeswalker achievement finally mine.
Binksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:14 AM   #7
Ilsyde

Had this problem myself. What finally helped me is instead of trying #12 the fourth time, I played and won #1 (from the first DLC, this is the match that comes after #14). If you take a close look, both #12 and #1 are against the same enemies which might make the game glitch. So try doing #1, you'll probably get a tick next to #12 and can start on #13. Sounds stupid enough? It is but it worked for me.
Being said that, I'm now stuck at #13. Done it two times, won't register as being finished. Even done #2 to get it going but that didn't help either.
Ilsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #8
Phr34k

Cant unlock match #14 and have beaten the 13th 4 or 5 times now. Have completed the expansion challenges too. Have tried
-Full game restart
-In game challenge restart
-In game challenge quit and restart

Thx
Phr34k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #9
Ilsyde

Apart from what you tried, I've
- re-installed the game
- verifyed cache

About the latter: the weird thing is, no matter how many times I re-download the game, the verify cache function always comes up with one error where the file has to be re-downloaded. But it never fixes itself.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #10
darkspir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsyde View Post
Had this problem myself. What finally helped me is instead of trying #12 the fourth time, I played and won #1 (from the first DLC, this is the match that comes after #14). If you take a close look, both #12 and #1 are against the same enemies which might make the game glitch. So try doing #1, you'll probably get a tick next to #12 and can start on #13. Sounds stupid enough? It is but it worked for me.
Being said that, I'm now stuck at #13. Done it two times, won't register as being finished. Even done #2 to get it going but that didn't help either.
This is exactly what happened to me. Then I went to play a few ranked matches and every time I won a game it said I completed another co-op match from the expansion, even though I had never even done them before. Now everything is completed except for mission #14 which will not unlock
Old 06-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #11
Ilsyde

Darkspir, I've just found a solution on the xbox360achievements website that lets you finish mission #13, flags it and opens up mission #14.
Change your decks to full black (Eyes of Shadow) and full green (Teeth of the Predator) then defeat Sarkhan and Nissa. No, I'm not kidding. Try it, worked for me.
Now I'm stuck at #14. Even though I defeated my opponents, it won't register. If anyone finds a solution to this, please post it.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #12
darkspir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsyde View Post
Darkspir, I've just found a solution on the xbox360achievements website that lets you finish mission #13, flags it and opens up mission #14.
Change your decks to full black (Eyes of Shadow) and full green (Teeth of the Predator) then defeat Sarkhan and Nissa. No, I'm not kidding. Try it, worked for me.
Now I'm stuck at #14. Even though I defeated my opponents, it won't register. If anyone finds a solution to this, please post it.
This didn't work for me, mission #14 is still locked =/
Old 06-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #13
Ilsyde

Hmm. Okay, maybe some steps matter so here it is a bit more detailed:

To flag #13 as being completed, choose the monocolor black deck (Eyes of Shadow) for player 1. Go into deck editing mode, shuffle all the cards into your deck then go back. Note that I have every card unlocked and player 1 uses the controller.
Then choose the monocolor green deck (Teeth of the Predator) for player 2. Same here, I have every card unlocked but player 2 will use the mouse.
FYI, player 1's deck selection is on the right and player 2's deck selection is on the left while before the match begins. But ingame, player 1 uses the left side the battlefield and player 2 uses the right side.

Might not matter but I've modified some other settings as well:
- AI thinking time: 10 seconds
- Force AI throttling: On
- AI skill level: Mage

Play and win. I hope it will work for you too.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
Ilsyde

Seeing that this topic made it into the PC community requests and bug reports sticky I'm gonna re-post how I got past the co-op campaign bugs/glitches (call it whatever you want it to) from THIS topic.

For #11 and below, I've used all kinds of deck combinations but this part of the co-op campaign is virtually bug-free in any case. However, if you're unable to flag any of the missions from #1 to #11 then try Wings of Light (player 1) + Hands of Flame (player 2). I've been using these two until I ran into the glitch where the game won't register your progress anymore.

To flag #12 as being complete and to unlock #13, try winning #1 (from the first DLC, comes right after #14). But for most people, this mission shouldn't glitch at all.

To flag #13 as being complete and to unlock #14, play and win with the decks Eyes of Shadow (player 1) + Teeth of the Predator (player 2). Credits go to the guys at xbox360achievements.org for this tip.

To flag #14 as being complete, play and win with the decks Hands of Flame (player 1) + Wings of Light (player 2).

NOTE that it's crucial to use the right deck with the right player. It won't work if you do it the other way around (confirmed by a few people, see this and the second link above for proof).
Old 06-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #15
quazimode

thanks for the tips. will give them a try later on today and post the results.

i'm currently stuck on #13 (#14 won't unlock).

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers