Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cities XL

Old 06-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Killthas

Cant long on

When I try to log on cities XL Launcher (I did register my account...) I type in my Username and Password and it says
Invalid Log On
but I use the same username and password for the website and it works. What happened?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
gvizane

Unhappy With me is the same

With me is the same. Only the message is a little different: "could not connect to the servers. The games servers could not be reached. We apologize for inconvenience. Please, try again in a few moments."
Old 06-28-2010, 03:51 AM   #3
AlphaFox

Guys, don't bother trying in a few moments - they have shut down there servers for good. Monte Criso went bust. Don't bother complaining as it happend to Silverfall as well. Monte Cristo does not care about their customers and it has obviously shown as they did not make enough sales with XL (Their last hope)
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
City Builder

As I posted in another thread, I contacted MC before they went bust and asked them about the authentication servers, they told me that they are held by a 3rd party and would still be around even if MC goes belly up.

Whether that is just another one of their lies or not I don't know but if Steam is still selling the game and it can't be used because authentication servers are truly gone, then Steam will need to issue a refund for the game since they are selling a game that can't be used by anybody. However since a new company bought the game (something like Focus Home Interactive or other) I would imagine that the servers are still around if not just being moved or taken down temporarily.

And I just got to the citiesxl website to retrieve my username and password and it's now branded with the Focus Home Interactive logo so makes me think they've moved the site to a new server.

Last edited by City Builder: 06-28-2010 at 10:26 AM.
City Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
City Builder

Ok, I've also been able to authenticate and login to the server so check it now or give it some more time, perhaps indeed they really did change the server to a new location, but It WORKS for me and I'm logged in and playing.
City Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
Flying Ace

that's the problem with games you have to log into same with games for windows live after a few years they will be not be able to be played EVER again it sucks they need some sort of system to where the game at least can be played, what also sucks is steam put this on sale so people are buying a GAME THAT DOES NOT WORK WTF?
Flying Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
Killthas

I asked a question to steam and they dont even bother helping. All they do is say "go to their support" or "look at the third party usage support". FFS STEAM ACTUALLY HELP THE CUSTOMERS!

EDIT: THE GAME ISNT SUPPORTED BY FOCUS INTERACTIVE WTF!!! Go to the website and click support. The game doesnt show up in the list.

Last edited by Killthas: 06-28-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Killthas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cities XL