Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacraboar

Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #16
mach0

I cannot normally launch the game, it says installing optimize.exe and does it forever. I can only launch it when I kill the optimize.exe in the task manager. What's wrong?
mach0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #17
DJdeadpool

ALT + Tab out of game then back in makes me lag any ideas why?;/
Old 06-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #18
Sgt Frag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holgmo View Post
Good idea. Thanks!

This happens in rare occasions on some Nvidia cards. The easiest way to solve this is to press
"CRTL + BACKSPACE"
in the Main Menu. This toggles the mouse cursor from system cursor to ingame cursor.

Actually, it happened to me also.

ATI 5850 with latest driver (10.5 I think)
Sgt Frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #19
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach0 View Post
I cannot normally launch the game, it says installing optimize.exe and does it forever. I can only launch it when I kill the optimize.exe in the task manager. What's wrong?
We are currently looking into this. I will send you a PM as soon as we have a solution. You could help us by sending your dxdiag-file to
support (at) makivision (dot) com.

Thanks.
Holgmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJdeadpool View Post
ALT + Tab out of game then back in makes me lag any ideas why?;/
Yep, this is because the particle system keeps running. And when you switch back to the game it slows things down.
We recommend that you don't use ALT + tab - or at least not for longer than some seconds.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #21
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Frag View Post
Actually, it happened to me also.

ATI 5850 with latest driver (10.5 I think)
Yes, you are right. ATI has this bug too. I have a 5850 myself and all drivers worked well. When I wrote that it was an Nvidia problem there were only two people who reported that error and both had Nvidia cards.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #22
freibooter

Quote:
Yep, this is because the particle system keeps running. And when you switch back to the game it slows things down.
We recommend that you don't use ALT + tab - or at least not for longer than some seconds.
Isn't that something that could be fixed? I would appreciate it, if it were.
So far that and the "mouse exits screen on multiple-monitor systems"-bug are the most annoying bugs I found, the game feels fairly polished otherwise but could use some performance improvements.
freibooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:02 AM   #23
Rumtruffle

just to add information :

radeon 4890 - 10.6 whql catalyst drivers - mouse cursor invisible.

tbh this problem has been there since 2009. i would have thought that an active developer would have fixed it by now, it certainly cant be multiple generations of the same driver on different cards thats the root cause of it.
Rumtruffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #24
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by freibooter View Post
Isn't that something that could be fixed? I would appreciate it, if it were.
So far that and the "mouse exits screen on multiple-monitor systems"-bug are the most annoying bugs I found, the game feels fairly polished otherwise but could use some performance improvements.
The running particle system is technically not a bug. We would have to rework that part of the engine to make it work differently. This is a huge task and I don't think that we can do it. Sorry.

We are working on a patch that adds achievments and some bonus missions. We will do something about the multiple-monitor thing. Please be patient, it will be included within the patch.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #25
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtruffle View Post
just to add information :

radeon 4890 - 10.6 whql catalyst drivers - mouse cursor invisible.

tbh this problem has been there since 2009. i would have thought that an active developer would have fixed it by now, it certainly cant be multiple generations of the same driver on different cards thats the root cause of it.
Yes it can. The ingame cursor works without any problems. That's our part.
The SYSTEM cursor (as the name indicates) is part of the SYSTEM. Even if it would be possible you wouldn't want any developer messing around with the drivers of your system.

We found some other cases in other games with the same problems. Sometimes it seems to help to de-activate the mouse trail. But that didn't work for everybody. It seems that it's related to the specific system settings. We were never able to reproduce it so we couldn't find a workaround.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #26
Rumtruffle

Quote:
Yes it can. The ingame cursor works without any problems. That's our part.
it begs the question why on earth are you trying to use the system cursor at all if your own ingame cursor works flawlessly for everyone?

why is there even the option there if it clearly doesnt work??

why is it not turned to ingame cursor by default, instead of defaulting to something that, again, clearly doesnt work??

and i care because this miniscule problem, and miniscule to fix, going unfixed for so long makes me think that there isnt anyone actually coding for this game anymore and any support is really just in words rather than deeds.

good job i didnt waste very much money.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #27
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Quote:
it begs the question why on earth are you trying to use the system cursor at all if your own ingame cursor works flawlessly for everyone?
The ingame cursor is drawn by the engine each frame. The system cursor is not. The system cursor is a bit more responsive because it is independent from frame rates.

Quote:
why is there even the option there if it clearly doesnt work??
It works on over 99% of all computers.

Quote:
why is it not turned to ingame cursor by default, instead of defaulting to something that, again, clearly doesnt work??
Because it works for nearly everyone.

Quote:
and i care because this miniscule problem, and miniscule to fix
This is simply wrong. Please google for yourself how many games out there use something like "compatibility mode" or similar for the mouse.

Quote:
going unfixed for so long makes me think that there isnt anyone actually coding for this game anymore and any support is really just in words rather than deeds.
You are wrong. I posted that we will add achievments and change the mouse behaviour on multi-monitor systems. We are listening to the players and we do what's possible.

BUT the bug is not part of the game. There is nothing we can code. Drawing the SYSTEM cursor is NOT done by the GAME, it's done by the SYSTEM. I can't explain it any better.

Quote:
good job i didnt waste very much money.
So the game works fine for you with the ingame cursor. But you can't use the system cursor and others can. This makes you say you wasted your money and we don't care about support?
Seems to me you are a bit unfair here.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #28
Rumtruffle

well at least you responded civilly to my rant.

if you were derek smart you would have flamed me off the forum.

points taken. although i still feel that the game should default to using the ingame cursor because that one doesnt have any problems at all whereas the other one does for some.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacraboar