Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > LOOM

Old 07-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
vocaro

Sound effects

I've been playing Loom on Steam for a couple of hours now, and I just realized that there are no sound effects. I can hear the spoken dialogue and music, but that's it. In the first area, for example, when the guy is at the dock with the seagulls, he jumps in the ocean but there's no splash. (Actually, I'm not sure if there's supposed to be a splash; I've never played Loom before.) I've checked the sound settings, and the effects volume is at the same level as the music. I'm on a Mac, by the way; not sure if that matters. Thanks for any tips.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
Metro

Hmmm it's been ages since I've played this game and it was back on a 486 I'm sure but I think it is entirely possible the game didn't have many sound effects and musical riffs would replace them.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
vocaro

Yes, it's possible the "Effects volume" simply controls certain MIDI riffs instead of digitized sound samples. But still, I don't believe I've heard any musical riffs, only voiceovers and background music. I still think something's wrong.
vocaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
Metro

Yeah that's definitely a sound issue then because they are at least some 'effect' noises. Wish I could be more help but it's hard to say when we're dealing with relatively ancient software.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > LOOM