Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Kingdoms

Old 07-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #16
yaos

I hate this game, I think $1 is too much for it. There are 0 puzzles in the game. You can't set anything up the entire game is based on luck, that's it. They should just have had it randomly choose if you win or lose when you enter a battle because nothing you do matters.
yaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #17
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaos View Post
I hate this game, I think $1 is too much for it. There are 0 puzzles in the game. You can't set anything up the entire game is based on luck, that's it. They should just have had it randomly choose if you win or lose when you enter a battle because nothing you do matters.
Lol, you must really hate RPGs because of the random dice rolls behind the scenes.
kalirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #18
solistus

Arrow

If you enjoy Puzzle Quest type games, or the concept sounds at all appealing, do yourself a favor and get this game while it's on sale for $1. It's an absolute steal at this price.
solistus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #19
DirkSJ

The 30 moves puzzles are way easier than the time attacks for me. The time ones you just have to spam click and hope you get a lucky cascade (tip: always match near the bottom, more chance of cascade).

The X moves ones and the shrine ones I find almost more enjoyable than the actual game combat. They are just hard enough that you really have to think but not so hard that you will have to attempt it 50 times like in Puzzle Quest researching very hard skills. Those could take many, many hours of failed attempts each.

The shrine ones are particularly good. I average about 50-70 moves. The item ones get progressively easier as you clear out a color. The shrine ones have you thinking all the way throughout.
DirkSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #20
DirkSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaos View Post
Absolutely false. While there are some random parts you can control what is available to the computer rather well. You never just make a move to make a match. You have to consider what pieces will be removed, what will move because of it, and what could possibly fall into that area.

It's almost always possible to make your moves so that you prevent the computer from getting anything it needs. Yes occasionally your move provokes a cascade and all your plans are for naught but even then you have a measure of control.
DirkSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #21
AxoZombie

i like this game much more than Puzzle Quest.
Why?
coz the KI in Puzzle Kingdoms are not "cheating" like the KI in Puzzle Quest (Its a BIG problem in Puzzle Quest)

edit:
my Puzzle Kingdoms Group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/puzzleking
(I'm groups-junkie )

oh and the group for Puzzle Quest 2
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pq2

Last edited by AxoZombie: 07-05-2010 at 10:16 AM.
AxoZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #22
Deathless2288

reddit told me about this game, thanks.
Deathless2288 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Kingdoms