|08-21-2008, 06:24 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2006
Tank Universal FAQ
Tank Universal Steam page
WHAT IS TANK UNIVERSAL?
Tank Universal creates a huge virtual ‘Tron-like’ world where you take part in immense 3D tank battles involving scores of units both friendly and not so friendly in wide open levels!
Players can bombard the enemy from a distance or close the gap and dodge shells point blank - all in an immersive first person perspective.
• 20 levels of highly addictive and intense tank battles
• Some missions require you to leave the safety of your tank and explore the world on foot
• Ability to upgrade weapons and tank equipment
• Fight alongside allies against highly intelligent and numerous enemies
• Spectacular looking virtual world and eye-popping particle effects
• Take the battle in any direction with wide open levels allowing freedom of play
• Intriguing storyline switching between the 'real world' and the digital virtual world
• Enhanced resolutions, including widescreen support up to 1680x1050
• Unlock 27 Steam achievements
WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows Vista/XP/2000 (note: not currently Windows7 compatible)
2 GHz processor
512 MB RAM
DirectX compatible 128 MB graphics card*
DirectX compatible sound card
250 MB of available hard drive space
* Tank Universal does not support on-board Intel video cards.
Please read the game’s ReadMe file for last minute documentation.
WHAT RESOLUTIONS ARE SUPPORTED?
Tank Universal supports the following resolutions (fullscreen or windowed):
640x400 640x480 720x480 800x600 848x480 960x600 1024x768 1088x612
1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768
1600x900 1600x1024 1680x1050
ARE THE CONTROLS CONFIGURABLE?
You can reconfigure the default control settings to fit your gameplay preferences. From the Main Menu, select Options then Remap Keys to access the keyboard and mouse configuration settings.
You can switch back to the default setting by using the Reset button.
WHAT ABOUT STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS?
The Steam version of Tank Universal has 27 achievements to be unlocked, some of which include:
1000 Mile Stare (256 kills achieved),
A Full Rack (All upgrades + sub-upgrades installed),
and The Big Bang (Nuke launched)
WHAT TANK UPGRADES ARE AVAILABLE?
Turboboost - Delivers a time limited speed boost. Useful when outnumbered or you have to get somewhere quickly.
HINT: remember to collect as many powershards as possible!
Shield Regeneration - Regenerates shields to full. Will regenerate shields for a short time. Use when you wish to continue the fight.
HINT: can act as a temporary shield against incoming shells!
Mines - Lay contact mines. Lay mines that will detonate on contact with the enemy. Most useful in enclosed areas such as mazes.
HINT: lay a line of mines across an oncoming behemoth's path.
Mini-turrets - Drops a mini-turret. Turrets will rapid-fire at nearby enemies however they are vulnerable to artillery fire. Deploy wisely.
HINT: mini-turrets can secure an area if there are enough of them.
Rockets - Delivers rockets against multiple targets. Look for targeting reticules then fire and forget. Will deliver a clutch of devastating rocket attacks.
HINT: excellent for destroying distant enemy turrets.
Smokebomb - Blanket an area with smoke to confuse enemies. Tanks caught in the smoke bomb's area will be confused! The player will be harder to hit if covered by smoke.
HINT: stay in the smoke cloud to avoid splash damage and retain gun charge. Smoke bombs can also deactivate minefields temporarily!
Sappers - Sappers will drill into an enemy fortress and destroy enemy walls.
HINT: Sappers are very vulnerable, so protect them as they work. Sapper can only be called with a network hack established.
Summon Titans - Three mighty titans will use their hammers to break down enemy walls!
HINT: if a titan or behemoth dies, avoid the blast. Titans can only be called with a network hack established.
Megabomb - Releases a massive detonation to destroy enemy walls! Expensive, so use wisely.
HINT: aim directly at the target and give yourself distance before firing! A megabomb can only be called with a network hack established.
WHY WON'T MY GAME START?
Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0c installed. Also make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers and that your system meets the minimum system requirements.
WHY DOES THE GAME RUN SO SLOW ON MY MACHINE?
To improve framerate, try the following.
• Make sure no other processes are running in the background (e.g. Firefox).
• Reduce particle fx density (options). Reducing particle density can result in a large framerate increase.
• Turn off glow fx (if enabled). Turning off this fx can result in a large framerate increase.
• Run at a lower resolution. This can also help improve framerates greatly.
• Turn off complex sky (this will give a small framerate improvement in relation to the other suggestions above).
FUNCTION KEYS NOT OPERATING?
Many keyboards require the F-Lock key to be engaged for function keys to operate correctly. Make sure F-Lock is enabled.
THE GAME KEEPS CRASHING!
If the problem repeats after PC reboot;
• Check that background processes are not interfering with the game's operation.
• Check that your video card drivers are up to date.
• Try running at a lower resolution and with extra fx turned off (see above).
HOW DO I RUN THE GAME IN SAFE MODE?
To run the game in safe mode;
• Create a desktop icon pointing to the game's exe.
• Right click the icon, choose PROPERTIES, SHORTCUT from the tab.
• Add ' -safe' to the end of the text in the TARGET box. This will alter how the game handles texture loading and rendering the radar.
WHERE CAN I GET SUPPORT FOR THIS GAME?
For an optimal gaming experience, be sure to update your computer with the latest drivers and system updates. Some of the most popular hardware and system software companies are listed below. Be sure to check your PC manufacturer’s Web site for additional updates and drivers.
• ATI Technologies® - www.ati.com
• Creative - www.creative.com
• nVIDIA® - www.nvidia.com
• Microsoft® DirectX® - www.microsoft.com/windows/directx
• Windows® Update - windowsupdate.microsoft.com
Should you have any questions concerning the operation of this product, first check our Support page on our web site listed below to see if your issue has already been resolved. If you still need to contact us, please send an email to our technical support staff.
If you are having a problem with your TANK UNIVERSAL order or your Steam account from which you purchased the game, please contact Steam Support.
Enjoy the game!
Last edited by Madjack66: 12-29-2009 at 02:35 PM.
|08-22-2008, 01:48 PM||#4|
Join Date: Feb 2008
On the FAQ it said you can have the resolution up to 1680x1050, but it gave me the option to run it up to 1920x1200 (my monitor's native resolution) and it worked just fine ingame.
|07-02-2009, 10:02 AM||#6|
Join Date: Feb 2009
|07-03-2009, 08:39 AM||#8|
Join Date: May 2008
Add me to friends on Steam, I'll TRY to help you. www.steamcommunity.com/id/NeatNit
The dev isn't very active, not here and not on the game's forum, but you should give it a shot, too.
Last edited by NeatNit: 07-03-2009 at 08:46 AM.
|07-06-2010, 05:13 PM||#9|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Anyways, you have to find the upgrade points first, which are look like "lamp posts" with very large bulbs (they also show up on the radar). Then approach them at which time "
arms" extend from the upgrade point and sound effects play. If you are close enough, a message should appear, saying "Press E to upgrade"