Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #16
Predator97
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 77
Posts: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Runner View Post
It'll probably be in there. It's in pretty much every new source game released by Valve, including TF2 and HL2.
Unfortunately not at the moment, but I bet it is coming or there's probably a work around.

Quote from FAQ:

"
Key Information

* Alien Swarm is being released for free by Valve.
* Is a tactical, 4 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective.
* Complete game code and mod tools available to the community.
* The SDK is separate from that of other Source games.
* Features 4 unique classes.
* Over 40 weapons and equipment with many configurations.
* 8 unique characters.
* Has Easy, Normal, Hard, and Insane difficulties.
* Features only Campaign Mode and Offline Practice Mode.
* Uses L4D2 style add-on system for custom campaigns.
* Much less randomization than L4D so players can observe, learn, and overcome challenges.
* Uses a modified Source engine between the L4D2 and Portal 2 iterations.
* Supports dedicated and listen servers.
* Contains Valve game easter eggs.
* 64 achievements
* Does not currently support Mac or controllers.
"

Have a feeling controller support will be relatively easy especially if you use a 360 controller since windows will recognize them. PS3 controllers will probably be alot harder to recognize.
Predator97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
N4iled
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
I don't understand how this game could work with a controller?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #18
SmileyBarry
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 131
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator97 View Post
Unfortunately not at the moment, but I bet it is coming or there's probably a work around.

Quote from FAQ:

"
Key Information

* Alien Swarm is being released for free by Valve.
* Is a tactical, 4 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective.
* Complete game code and mod tools available to the community.
* The SDK is separate from that of other Source games.
* Features 4 unique classes.
* Over 40 weapons and equipment with many configurations.
* 8 unique characters.
* Has Easy, Normal, Hard, and Insane difficulties.
* Features only Campaign Mode and Offline Practice Mode.
* Uses L4D2 style add-on system for custom campaigns.
* Much less randomization than L4D so players can observe, learn, and overcome challenges.
* Uses a modified Source engine between the L4D2 and Portal 2 iterations.
* Supports dedicated and listen servers.
* Contains Valve game easter eggs.
* 64 achievements
* Does not currently support Mac or controllers.
"

Have a feeling controller support will be relatively easy especially if you use a 360 controller since windows will recognize them. PS3 controllers will probably be alot harder to recognize.
Psst... Type "exec 360controller_pc" into the console and hit Enter.
SmileyBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:19 AM   #19
facepalm
 
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 117
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4iled View Post
I don't understand how this game could work with a controller?
quite handily i would imagine, versus like a FPS which quite frankly is subpar with a controller.
facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
yuri69
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 42
Smile

Thank you for the game.
Cheers
yuri69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #21
breadtruck
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Reputation: 73
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by facepalm View Post
quite handily i would imagine, versus like a FPS which quite frankly is subpar with a controller.
I agree. I would almost think a 360 controller would be the ideal choice for playing AS.
breadtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #22
Roast Beef
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Reputation: 3
Posts: 205
Thanks VALVe and Black Cat!
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #23
Xasou
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
thanks to Valve and Black Cat for this awesome game!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:08 AM   #24
cattabliss
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
thanks for posting this, i thought blackcat would never come through! gona go give them my thumbs up now
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:55 AM   #25
elixenie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 105
Posts: 534
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by facepalm View Post
quite handily i would imagine, versus like a FPS which quite frankly is subpar with a controller.
You would still need to target precisely with one of the sticks. Just picking a direction to spray in, a la Robotron 2084 / Smash TV, won't work here. Sounds pretty awkward to me.

With a mouse there's a consistent connection between your hand and the target; keep your hand still and the cursor stays in place. With a stick you'd need the sensitivity up very high in order to snap around and fire behind you. Keeping precise aim vs moving targets with that sort of sensitivity is going to be pretty nasty. I can't think of a single game where this is at all pleasant.

Do you propose just doing away with the reticle? How will you heal teammates who are lined up behind one another?
elixenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.