Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lost Planet series

Old 02-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
IIIIGooseIIII

How well does crossplatform work?

Hey, topic says it all: is playing 360ers any good? I had a dreamcast a few years ago a bought the kb/mouse accessories for it and wiped the floor with controller users in quake3, is it similar to that in LP?

I've got some friends on XBL but would rather not buy this if I'll just be slaughtering them endlessly.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
30hourweekpls

It's pretty hard to tell how much of an advantage kb+m users have, if they have an advantage at all. LP controls very differently from FPSes, and I'd actually recommend a 360 controller. Being able to easily boost around (whether you're in a mech or rolling around on foot) is actually more important than precision aiming or instantaneously turning 180 degrees. The top ranking players I've encountered are actually almost all 360 users.

But I hope you join in to see for yourself, as the game could always use more players.
30hourweekpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Sickboy254698

Controller is better than keyboard and mouse for this game. Even with all the keys remapped to my own liking I still cant play this game on PC like I could on the Xbox.

Also this game needs a pretty hefty PC to run at 60+FPS above 1680x1050. Just a thought.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
thomasng1989

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickboy254698 View Post
Controller is better than keyboard and mouse for this game. Even with all the keys remapped to my own liking I still cant play this game on PC like I could on the Xbox.

Also this game needs a pretty hefty PC to run at 60+FPS above 1680x1050. Just a thought.
This is possible one of the few shooter games that work better on controllers than keyboard, mainly because of the rolling. It's awkward having to press both ctrl and space at the same time.

Quote:
I've got some friends on XBL but would rather not buy this if I'll just be slaughtering them endlessly.
You won't be able to tell the difference in most cases. Anyway, this game is more about surprise tactics rather than accuracy. It takes quite a lot of bullets to kill someone, so it's better to sneak up behind them.
thomasng1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
ragejg

EDIT: this game is cross-platform? I have Extreme Condition, not Colonies... are both of them cross-platform?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:42 AM   #6
carson_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
EDIT: this game is cross-platform? I have Extreme Condition, not Colonies... are both of them cross-platform?
Just colonies, as it uses Game for Windows Live
carson_uk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lost Planet series