Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > URU: Complete Chronicles

Old 08-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Think

URU Launcher "Play" button disabled - cannot start game

Since this forum wasn't up when the game was released I opened a support ticket with CyanWorlds and they seem to be working on it, but I wanted to ask here to see if I'm the only one with this problem:

http://www.spastictoilet.com/images/launcher.png

Regardless of the options I select, I cannot enable the button.

Also, the file IE is attempting to open, but cannot fine in the launcher is the following: C:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/uru cc/ReleaseNotes.html (not in my uru dir anywhere)

"Verify Integrity" check returned normal.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Godofdrakes

By the looks of it, PLAY is disabled because you have not chosen a profile to play on. On the main page of the launcher there is a drop-down list of profiles created. If there are no names or the list is also disabled, try creating a new profile to use.

As for the internet explorer part, that file was in the original game, if you have it you may be able to copy it over. Otherwise just wait, and next chance I get, I'll post a link to the file here or just copy and paste what it says.

Hope this helps!
Godofdrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Think

Thanks for the help Godofdrakes, any idea how to create a profile? The other two tabs on the launcher only allow me to select hardware/performance options, and as you can see, there is no obvious way to create a profile from the Account tab.

thanks
Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Godofdrakes

Under the drop-down menu on the main tab there should be an option for Create New Player.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #5
Think

So the drop-down menu shouldn't be disabled (greyed out) as it is in the image? Because I cannot find a way to do it for the life of me.

I just want to be sure that it's broken for me, and not user-error.

Thanks
Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
Godofdrakes

If it is grayed out,I would try deleting the UruExplorer.exe and the SAV folder. Then verify files and let it download and try again.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > URU: Complete Chronicles