Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > R.U.S.E

Old 08-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #1
acidd_uk

Mistake not to include skirmish in demo?

Does anyone else think that the demo doesn't do a good job of showinf off how great RUSE is?

After playing the various versions of the betas, the balance and deep strategy of skirmish/multiplayer games was by far the best thing about RUSE. Maybe I'm in the 'hardcore' class of players but I'm not especially interested in the single player campaign (I might play it because it's there, but that's not why I bought RUSE).

The demo doesn't give the player any real chance to experience the use of the various RUSEs or strategies, it's basically a really simple and short tutorial, rather than a 'proper' demonstration of what the game is about.

Because of this, I'm really surprised that they didn't include the ability to play 1v1 skirmish in the game, on one small map, with fixed options (time limit etc) and fixed factions. That would give new players a much better chance to understand the brilliance of RUSE, and also make them want more (factions, maps, game options).

Anyone else surprised an disappointed by how limited the demo is? If I hadn't played the betas and just tried the demo, I probably wouldn't give the game another look - which makes me sad when I know how great the full experience is!

I just hope they do a free weekend (maybe only including the first 1/3rd of the campaign?) or something when it's released, or I can see a lot of potential customers not giving the game a second thought...
Old 08-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
3Form

Maybe the lack of MP in the demo is a bad thing. People should have had ample opportunity to try it in the beta / free weekend though. I just fear that alot of gamers don't actually try something until it's labelled "Finished" or "Demo".
3Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
Theshado

I payed for the game as well the campaign seem worth the money as you can be the Germans and Allies (or americans) and the game looks like if they wanted it they could add more things and ETS witch seem worth it to me.
Theshado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
MarkcusD

They should have included a skirmish map. The demo doesn't have the best ruses or units. They could make it time limited if they're worried that people would just play the demo instead of buying the game.
MarkcusD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
MrStillwater

I agree, the demo is quite limited, particularly if you haven't played the beta/free weekend. One skirmish map perhaps limited to easy/medium difficulty would have gone well with the campaign map.
MrStillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
GreeneVelvet

AGREED! The campaign is and probably will be fun, but lets get real, the multiplayer action is the true escence of RUSE.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Groovus

Yes, 1 skirmish map would be cool...but still...cant WAIT for this game!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
Theshado

I wish steam let us play the games before there out >
Theshado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #9
Arrowhead

I think word of mouth is going to carry this game anyway. From what I've seen in the demo, I just know this is going to be epic and very polished. I love the gameplay, everything just works and I don't see any mere novelty in this at all. Good performance, grand scale, combat is intuitive and makes sense (No BS). Definitely a must have for any strategy gamer that is looking for something fresh!
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > R.U.S.E