Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Siege

Old 07-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
homestyle

How long is this game?

I've heard bad reviews, but ill give this game a shot.

If this is too long, i might have to rethink that though.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Quick

Well if you still want i can say my opinion.

I have completed all game. And i can say this. This game is a bit hard yea but i was expecting more action though.

In entire game from time to time you will find few new (cybernetic) body parts which you can install (but when you install you can not remove them) like cybernetic legs, left arm, right hand, chest, brains and eye. Of course they will give you few abilities and at the end you will turn your self into cybernetic robot. And at the end of game you will have to choose to be good or be bad. So there will be your buddy who will ask you to join with him or stay good and fight against the Pilot and that guy. Either way you will have to fight with him when when pilot make him new body.

Well if you want to know i've completed game in 10.6 hrs but there is also multiplayer, when i tried it, seems that nobady playing it.
i hope helped you little bit. + you can watch video on youtube if you not sure.

Last edited by ianskate: 09-06-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Knut_HB

I know it's a month from topic start. It took me merely 7 hours to complete the game and imo it's a complete waste of money. I thought it would be comparable with Dungeon Siege but it's just "Go there, kill those, come back and, oh yeah, while you're at it: kill these too!" I know that DS is the same, but DS had a story and this game does not.
Knut_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Psamathos

I agree, I don't think it's even worth the $5 sale price. Single player was pretty dull, and had some major problems with controls (you can't even customize the keys). And multiplayer is dead, but I played it when there were still a few people online and it was terribly designed from the start. It just felt like an afterthought.
Psamathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
Spacemonkey

For $5 it's pretty good.

Controls are ok, if like me you instinctively I go for the WASD keys and play it as a FPS, of course the controls will be confusing at the start. But there are Diablo like controls, click to walk there, click the enemy to shoot. With the ingame tips you quickly figure it out.

It's actually quite polished gameplay, and levels are pretty detailed. Who cares about no story, it's only $5.

I'm confused by the OP, is he saying a long game is bad?
I always thought the longer the better.
Spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
RavN

I think this game seems ok for $5. Its pretty fun and definately is polished. I think one of the reasons this game got so panned by critics and gamers when it was released is because it sold for a full price. However, as a budget title, I think space siege is comparable to shadowgrounds and alien shooter 2 for a quick fun game to try. Space Siege takes about 10 hours to beat which is a lot longer than those other games so really its not such a bad deal for $5. Dont expect to be blown away or anything but I am having a decent time playing through.
RavN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:03 AM   #7
Burningwolf

5$ I could see for the game...having paid full price for the game at release...I was a bit ticked with how easy and short it was...

I think this game really Showed Chris Taylor's disdain for the game players out there...lets make our games easier...shorter and play themselves!

I was disapointed by the new direction he decided to take the game.I'm just grateful he has nothing to do with DS3.
Burningwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #8
GI_Biochip

Well, I enjoyed the game, finished it 4 times. Had more fun staying 100% human.
GI_Biochip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
Red Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningwolf View Post
5$ I could see for the game...having paid full price for the game at release...I was a bit ticked with how easy and short it was...

I think this game really Showed Chris Taylor's disdain for the game players out there...lets make our games easier...shorter and play themselves!

I was disapointed by the new direction he decided to take the game.I'm just grateful he has nothing to do with DS3.
Anything showing his name is a 'no go untill it is the bargain bin' for me.
His games are nice, but poorly constructed, often buggy and lack the support to actually get them to the state they should get.
If anything, his name is bad publicity (to me). That said, I do think he's a rather relaxed individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_Biochip View Post
Well, I enjoyed the game, finished it 4 times. Had more fun staying 100% human.
Still on the first run and 100% human. Is there any real difference between being less than 100% and 100% humanity, does it change the game a lot if you go full cyborg ?
Spoilers pls
Red Spot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Siege