Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB All Points Bulletin

Old 09-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
Dragonshadow

Banned
Stop QQing to steam support, talk to EA support instead

THREAD MOVED: HERE
as this subforum is no longer accepting posts.

(They could easily give a refund or exchange... ANYWAY-) I contacted EA support ( http://support.ea.com ), got on their live chat ( http://support.ea.com/chat ), played 'tard "damsel in distress", and had this little gem:

update(1): Redditors, here you go

update(2): If they offer you a $20 voucher, point out how disappointed you are and that the game costs $50!

update(3): They backpedaled after their live chat, told me they couldn't actually offer Dragon Age 2 (it's a pre-order, should've figured), and told me to pick another game. Instead I chose 4000 bioware points, and they accepted.

update(4): Looks like they're asking for receipts now , if you were earlier than 7/15 then they won't give anything.

Quote:
EA Chat
Response (Kevin P.)
09/27/2010 09:00 AM

Hello Gamer,

My name is Kevin and your issue has been forwarded to me. I understand your frustration with this situation and I'm happy to assist you. I've gone ahead and credited your account 4000 Bioware points as Jessica said she would.

Please let us know if you require anything further.

Thank you,

Kevin P
Electronic Arts Customer Support
Customer
09/25/2010 06:03 PM

Ehh, nevermind on the merging. Just add the points to <email>
Customer
09/24/2010 12:19 PM

==================== text File Attachment ====================
Attachment 3.html, 11493 bytes, added to incident
Response (Jessica B.)
09/24/2010 10:36 AM

Hello Fellow Gamer,

Thanks for responding. I will add the points. Do you currently have any Dragon Age game registered to your account. I went to add the point but you don't have a wallet for them.

If you need further assistance please reply to this email or contact us at the number below. Also a good link for some additional troubleshooting steps can be found at www.support.ea.com.

Thank You,
Jessica B.
Electronic Arts Tier 3 Customer Support.
(650)628-1001
Customer
09/23/2010 02:33 PM

Can I get 4000 bioware points? (That's two 1600 and one 800). That's the same as exchanging for a game.
Response (Jessica B.)
09/23/2010 02:09 PM

Hello Fellow Gamer,

Thanks for responding. If you respond more than once a day your request gets pushed to the bottom of the queue because it has recently been updated. Please only update once if you wish to receive and answer in a timely manner. We do not have $50 vouchers. You must choose from a game that is currently on the market and available for digital download. Steam is incorrect in assuming that we will give them a refund for a game that was not directly purchased from us. This is the best deal I can offer you, so please take advantage of it.

If you need further assistance please reply to this email or contact us at the number below. Also a good link for some additional troubleshooting steps can be found at www.support.ea.com.

Thank You,
Jessica B.
(650)628-1001
Customer
09/23/2010 10:26 AM

Jessica?
Hello?
Customer
09/23/2010 05:35 AM

since it's blanking out my stuff when I email back, I asked said this:

Steam says you guys have to give the refund.
Can't I get just get a $50 voucher?
Customer
09/23/2010 05:33 AM

Attachment 2.txt, 6480 bytes, added to incident
Customer
09/22/2010 04:18 PM

Attachment 1.html, 8780 bytes, added to incident
Response (Jessica B.)
09/22/2010 10:41 AM

Hello Fellow Gamer,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support. I have been assigned to your issue, and would be happy to assist you in this matter. As a gamer myself, I understand how frustrating not receiving a refund can be. At this point in time you either will need to get a refund from Steam for this product because you bought it from them or you need to choose a game that is CURRENTLY on the market and is made by EA. I cannot guarantee you are going to receive a copy of Dragon Age 2 as it is not yet out. Please choose a different game.

Thank You,
Jessica B.
(650)628-1001
Chat Transcript (Mach)
09/22/2010 07:30 AM

Hi, my name is Mach. How may I help you? [06:59:25 AM]
: hi [06:59:32 AM]
Mach: Hi [06:55:48 AM]
: Stem support told me to talk to you guys to get a refund on apb [06:59:51 AM]
: But I know thats not going to happen [07:00:05 AM]
: so what do I do [07:00:12 AM]
Mach: Have you purchased the game from the Steam? [06:56:38 AM]
: yes [07:00:35 AM]
: my key is still unused lol [07:00:40 AM]
: never actually went a made an apb account with it :x [07:01:00 AM]
Mach: Please provide me the key. [06:58:12 AM]
: <key> [07:02:15 AM]
: I can screenshot it in steam too if need be [07:02:40 AM]
Mach: Well what I can do for you is that I can offer you the $20 discount code for this inconvenience. [06:59:40 AM]
: only $20? The game cost $50 :x [07:03:44 AM]
Mach: Ok, then I can offer you any game free from my side. [07:00:46 AM]
Mach: Do you want any EA game? [07:00:51 AM]
: uhm [07:04:51 AM]
: let me look [07:04:52 AM]
Mach: Ok [07:01:08 AM]
: Just pc games? or console too? [07:08:20 AM]
Mach: Just PC games. [07:04:46 AM]
: Can I get the bulletstorm game? [07:12:52 AM]
Mach: Well we can just offer you EA games. [07:09:29 AM]
: it says its an ea game O.o [07:13:31 AM]
: I just looked at the store [07:13:49 AM]
Mach: Ok [07:10:03 AM]
Mach: Please wait. [07:10:08 AM]
Mach: Let me check. [07:10:44 AM]
: ok [07:14:39 AM]
Mach: Well we are just the publisher not the developers of that game. [07:12:25 AM]
: oh... how can I find what you develop [07:16:33 AM]
Mach: You can check out our games at http://eastore.ea.com [07:13:26 AM]
: but thats where I found bulletstorm :c [07:17:41 AM]
Mach: Well there is no such game. [07:14:49 AM]
: http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Act...ctID=170165300 [07:19:03 AM]
Mach: Well we cannot offer you that game, you have to go for any other game developed by EA. [07:17:13 AM]
: ok uhm [07:21:13 AM]
: what about dragon age 2? [07:21:20 AM]
: or or [07:22:42 AM]
: dead space 2 [07:22:44 AM]
Mach: Ok, let me check that for you. [07:19:05 AM]
Mach: Well Dragon Age 2 is yet to released. [07:19:45 AM]
: I know :x [07:23:50 AM]
: I thought you would just like add it to my account or something [07:23:58 AM]
Mach: We cannot add it your account till the game gets released. [07:20:31 AM]
: uhm, this might be too much to ask, but could i just get a $50 voucher instead? [07:25:43 AM]
Mach: If you want Dragon Age 2, you can contact us with the reference number of this chat so that we can give you Dragon Age 2. [07:23:29 AM]
Mach: Is that fine? [07:23:32 AM]
: ooh, that works [07:27:37 AM]
Mach: Great! [07:23:56 AM]
Mach: I'm forwarding your request and as soon as the game releases you can contact us to get that for you. [07:24:18 AM]
: ok [07:28:23 AM]
Mach: Is there anything else I can do for you? [07:24:36 AM]
: I don't think so... where do I get the reference number? [07:28:51 AM]
Mach: When the chat get disconnected, you will get the refrence number for the same. [07:25:22 AM]
Mach: Is that ok? [07:25:51 AM]
: yes [07:29:49 AM]
Mach: It was my pleasure to assist you. I would greatly appreciate your taking the time to complete the survey which you will receive in your email. [07:26:02 AM]
: thank you for being helpful [07:30:02 AM]
Mach: Take care and have a nice day. Bye! [07:26:24 AM]
: you too! [07:30:19 AM]
'' disconnected ('Concluded by Agent'). [07:30:21 AM]

Response
09/22/2010 07:30 AM

Hello,

Thank you for participating in our Chat program.

You will find a transcript of our chat session attached below, and should also receive a follow up survey via e-mail. While participation in the survey is not required, we would appreciate your input and participation as we strive to improve the services we provide you.

If your question was not answered to your satisfaction, please contact us once again.

Additionally, you may update your question by visiting our support site located at http://help.ea.com. Upon login, you may locate the associated incident by clicking the “My Questions” link found to the left.

Sincerely,
EA Customer Support

Never thought I'd see EA support do something that valve wouldn't.

Note: Your mileage may vary, greatly.

Oh and Apparently Bulletstorm doesn't exist.

Might want to read this if you're not sure how to handle it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuma2009 View Post
Now, I know this method has been "debunked" already by another user, but he made some very stupid choices in his way of going about a refund. Besides, there was an example of another user doing way better, as linked below.

Thus, because my experience differed from his, I figured I'd post the correct way to go about it.

However, this is another method that works:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1440175

If you're careful with your words, you can receive a compensation for APB via EA Live Chat. I and a group of APB friends got a free copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for it, so hey! It's worth a try.

Anyway, apparantly there was a PC Gamer article that, basically, said EA was refunding APB, Steam Purchase or not. Thus, you have the POSSIBILITY of getting a free game download from EA store. It won't be equal to the APB purchase price, but it's still way better than being empty handed.

What you'll need:

1. An EA Account. (It helps if you've registered one beforehand and used it, giving you the "dedicated fan" perk of sorts, but it's not neccesary.)

2. Proof of purchase.(Either the emailed receipt, or you'll be asked for a screencapture of your Steam Account (either by screenshot or screenshare with java) and APB Game highlighted in your list, OR you'll be asked for the key used to register the game.)

2. Typing with at least Jr. High level English Education.

3. Loads of flattery and politeness.

Things to know before starting:

1. This does not GUARENTEE you a free download. It all depends on what happens.

2. Do NOT copy and paste anything, either from this thread or another pre-prepared statement. Wait patiently and type it all in the chat.

3. Do NOT mention "Other users receieved a reward, so I figured I should have one." THUS, ALSO:

4. Do NOT link to another thread as an example! Either this one or another. It seems like this will help, but it doesn't. It'll hinder other people's attempts to receive compensation.

Using the EA Live Chat Support page, (Google it or find it from EA's page,) log into an EA account, and connect to a support representative. Now, you have to mention three things in your conversation:

1.) APB, that it closed, and that you are disapointed as a customer but understanding. Remember to do this as properly typed as possible, and try to sound nice. EA does not have to refund you for anything, so you have to "dance" for it, in a way. Don't go overboard, but type sincerely, as if you are talking to another human being. Because you are.

2.) Mention the PC Gamer Article and that it mentioned EA was providing refunds. This way, they can't redirect you. And, you'll have a higher chance.

3.) ASK, (do not demand or state,) if it would be possible to receive either a refund or a game compensation from EA. Mention how much you would GREATLY appreciate it as a continued customer, or something like that.

One of two things will happen:

A.) They'll say yes. If so, follow their directions. You'll likely either be asked for proof of purchase, a screencap of APB in your steam list and your Steam Username, and/or the key used to register the game. Then, you'll be instructed to say the game you want, and it will be added to the EA Download Manager under your login.

B.) They'll say no. If this happens, the best you can do is thank them anyway for their time, and try again a few days later. It could have just been your support guy, or maybe you were too offensive. While this sucks, most of these guys have to deal with this every day, so don't get angry about it.

Now, if you have every single EA game out there for some reason, sorry. It's possible they may give you a cash compensation, but I've yet to hear of a friend get one of those.

Last edited by Dragonshadow: 09-29-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Thread moved.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
Cristari

BulletStorm doesn't Exist as a EA Developed game which is what he was getting at it is developed by Epic games (who coincidently bought up APB) EA only Publish it like they did with APB.

It must be due to not being in direct control of the money for that game, i.e. they only take a cut of the sales for publishing it and not producing it.

Also you only got your refund because you never used your CD-Key.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Dragonshadow

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristari View Post
Also you only got your refund because you never used your CD-Key.
We'll only know that for sure when someone who used theirs posts.

Last edited by Dragonshadow: 09-22-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
GgEnvy

I got BFBC2 without even quoting my used CD key

Old 09-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
PersonalJihad

Banned
I was given a $20 coupon code.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
GgEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonalJihad View Post
I was given a $20 coupon code.
Should have mentioned how disappointed you were in EA for pushing the game to be released way before it was ready, and the fact it costs $50

Old 09-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
PersonalJihad

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GgEnvy View Post
Should have mentioned how disappointed you were in EA for pushing the game to be released way before it was ready, and the fact it costs $50
It was better than nothing.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
damaged

OK, they were good enough to give me a $20 coupon code at least. They did not ask for a key, but I had it ready in case they did.

FWIW, with it, I got BF2BC for $9.95.

+1 to EA

rep to OP for giving me hope and getting 20 bucks.

<newline>

Last edited by damaged: 09-22-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #9
Korn1699

I also just got a $20 coupon. I already have most of their games that are out and would care about.. I'll either use it for DA2 or MoH pre-orders.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #10
PersonalJihad

Banned
Since this is on reddit and someone commented on getting bulletstorm when it comes out I thought I would add that I asked if I could get Medal of Honor when it comes out. I was informed by the person I spoke with this offer would not be available then.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
EliteTemptation

wow, someone got a game without giving their cd key? that is just calling for trouble!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #12
damaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteTemptation View Post
wow, someone got a game without giving their cd key? that is just calling for trouble!
I think it was more of a courtesy than anything else. The CSR I spoke with stated they cannot track third-party purchases, so even with a key, it's likely they could not prove it one way or another without possibly going through extraordinary (and costly) measures, they likely offer the $20 coupon just to keep the customer happy.

Sometimes even EA can get it right.

I hear what you're saying though, someone will likely take advantage and ruin it for the ones who have a legit request.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Coactum

They didn't ask for a key with me or my friends. Generally, they ask for purchase date. After that, they say it's too long ago. If you insist and explain that you paid for a game and now cannot play it, they loosen off a bit.

I asked for Mercenaries 2 after they refused to give me a voucher. They said they couldn't, then I quoted a friend -

Quote:
Joseph: I can only provide a 10 pound discount off. [02:38:49 PM]
Joseph: Or i can provide you a discount coupon of 20 %. [02:39:16 PM]
: My friend just came to support for the same reason and was given Battlefield Bad Company 2 [02:40:49 PM]
Joseph: This for customer's who have purchased the with in a month. [02:40:46 PM]
Joseph: Game* [02:40:51 PM]
: He purchased APB at the same time as me [02:41:32 PM]
: Which was several months ago [02:41:39 PM]
[Copypaste from a friend]
: Victor: Well, this is not in my hands. But let me see if I can do anything more suitable.
Victor: Ok, I found a good one.
: Ok?
Victor: I can activate any EA Game as Digital Download for you. Just let me know which you want like, BF BC2 etc and I will give you that for free. Only for you.
: ok.. let me see
Victor: Sure.
: can i get dragon age 2 pre order digital download?
Victor: No, sorry. Only which games are released. [02:42:18 PM]
: ill take BF BC 2 then
Victor: Ok. On which email address you want to activate the game? [02:43:58 PM]
[/Copypaste]
Joseph: Ok. [02:43:31 PM]
: You can do it :P Let's be fair [02:44:08 PM]
Joseph: Please allow me a moment. [02:43:43 PM]
Joseph: You want Mercenaries 2 as a digital download. [02:44:48 PM]
: Yes please [02:45:31 PM]

Keep at them. At the end of the day, you've bought a game that's been taken right back off you, and I've just spent an hour being passed about and lied to over and over again. This isn't about "free stuff, woo!" as much as it's about not being messed over by the bigwigs. Be persistent, and you'll get something in return.

Hope this helps, guys. Feel free to copypaste any of the above during support, it might help you out. Peace!

Old 09-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #14
HaVok

They did nothing for me. Oh well.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #15
Dinosaurs

I didn't use my Key, still have my pre-order key and game key unused. I didn't get anything because I had purchased too long ago.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB All Points Bulletin