Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 09-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
Jeydog

sv_enableclantag 1/0

Hello, I'd like to request a new cvar for cs:s, sv_enableclantag 1/0
1 - Allows players to use clan tags
2 - Does not allow players to use clan tags

1 of the reasons i'd like to request this is because on a cs:s game mode called "Jailbreak"(based on the servers i play) you must order Terrorists by names; and it gets annoying, having to read their clan tag aswell as their name.
There are some other reasons too though

So it'd be great if they could add a cvar like this
(Just a suggestion, so don't freak out)

Old 09-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
Motanum

Banned
Seems resonable

/signed
Motanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
realchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motanum View Post
Seems resonable

/signed
this!
realchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
SpeedFreak

+1 from my site.
SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
Jeydog

Thanks guys, i really hope this gets implemented into the game.
It will be a very useful cvar.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
EliteTemptation

i'm not sure what jailbreak is, then again i don't think i've ever played any nonstock css besides surfing and i think i played zombies or gungame once, hated all of them besides surfing

anyway, why not, i don't like reading clan tags anyway
EliteTemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #7
kenjii

sorry for the massive bump
but i would like to comment about this topic on clan tags
i am aware that this has been implemented due to the update that forces names in game to be controlled by the steam friends name but it is just not right to have a separate column just for a clan tag which majority of the people in css do not have. it's just not right to join a server and have a massive gap between almost everyones name between their nick and their dp.
what i would like to suggest is either the command jeydog has suggested or better yet, have it so that the clan tag and the option is still there, but the column is removed. this would mean that people who are in a clan will have be able to join their clan group and place their clan infront of their name as per usual without having to put it in their steam friends name so it'll look normal but have those who do not have a clan to have their name start at the same place as the beginning of the clan tags for those who have them. This may be quite confusing lol. lemme demonstrate

PLAYER SCORE DEATHS LATENCY
Player 1 1 1 1
Clan Player 2 2 2 2
Clan Player 3 3 3 3
Player 4 4 4 4
Player 5 5 5 5
Clan Player 6 6 6 6

If this was implemented, it would look as though nothing has changed from the previous layout which i believe majority of the css community world wide approved of. Also there would not be a noticeable font change for the clan tags which contain too many characters. This would also solve the confusion with players putting their clan tag in their steam id as well. Right now there are people who put their clan tag under the clan column and some who put it in their steam id.

it would be much appreciated if this was implemented or even considered to be implemented. all opinions related to this suggestion are also welcomed if it is able to improve it.

oh and this post may be in the wrong section... if any admins are reading this could they kindly move it to the beta thread if they feel that it is necessary

Last edited by kenjii: 10-16-2010 at 06:10 AM.
kenjii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
str0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjii View Post
sorry for the massive bump
but i would like to comment about this topic on clan tags
i am aware that this has been implemented due to the update that forces names in game to be controlled by the steam friends name but it is just not right to have a separate column just for a clan tag which majority of the people in css do not have. it's just not right to join a server and have a massive gap between almost everyones name between their nick and their dp.
what i would like to suggest is either the command jeydog has suggested or better yet, have it so that the clan tag and the option is still there, but the column is removed. this would mean that people who are in a clan will have be able to join their clan group and place their clan infront of their name as per usual without having to put it in their steam friends name so it'll look normal but have those who do not have a clan to have their name start at the same place as the beginning of the clan tags for those who have them. This may be quite confusing lol. lemme demonstrate

PLAYER SCORE DEATHS LATENCY
Player 1 1 1 1
Clan Player 2 2 2 2
Clan Player 3 3 3 3
Player 4 4 4 4
Player 5 5 5 5
Clan Player 6 6 6 6

If this was implemented, it would look as though nothing has changed from the previous layout which i believe majority of the css community world wide approved of. Also there would not be a noticeable font change for the clan tags which contain too many characters. This would also solve the confusion with players putting their clan tag in their steam id as well. Right now there are people who put their clan tag under the clan column and some who put it in their steam id.

it would be much appreciated if this was implemented or even considered to be implemented. all opinions related to this suggestion are also welcomed if it is able to improve it.

oh and this post may be in the wrong section... if any admins are reading this could they kindly move it to the beta thread if they feel that it is necessary
+1
char
str0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
-Bacardi-

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeydog View Post
Hello, I'd like to request a new cvar for cs:s, sv_enableclantag 1/0
1 - Allows players to use clan tags
2 - Does not allow players to use clan tags

1 of the reasons i'd like to request this is because on a cs:s game mode called "Jailbreak"(based on the servers i play) you must order Terrorists by names; and it gets annoying, having to read their clan tag aswell as their name.
There are some other reasons too though

So it'd be great if they could add a cvar like this
(Just a suggestion, so don't freak out)
+Thumbs up

Even avatar-pictures are too much on speech bubbles and on scoreboard
-Bacardi- is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source