Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 10-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Sniper-Lion6

Problem w/ Perk Advancemnet :(

Hey guys -- so i recently downloaded Killing Floor (and the DLC's - cuz i got the bundle) and although the game is awesome so far -- for some reason the perks aren't really playing like they are supposed to..

like - when i started off, everything was all normal and whenever i got a headshot w/ the "sharpshooter" perk (using the right weapon), it would count towards my next level.
now, however, whenever i start a new round -- before i even fire my first shot at my enemies it says under the "perk" box in the pause menu "further perk advancement has been disabled because the game length is set to custom, sandbox mode is enabled, or you have previously used cheats."

i made sure i wasn't enabling sandbox mode and i tried the game length on multiple levels (all other than custom) and it still disables the perk advancement. i also am not using cheats (or at least i am not intending to unless i accidentally am triggering a cheat without noticing it...)

anyway, because of this i can't seem to gain any perk levels
any ideas??

-- thanks

Old 10-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
vanman420

solo game?

Hmmm are you by chance playing on solo mode? If you are make sure you dont have any mutators activated. I dont really remember what sandbox is lol. Mutators disable perks. Let me know if that was it.
vanman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
NegativeReign

Banned
Never, EVER, hit F4, thirdperson mode wihout the ability to aim is for some reason blacklisted.
NegativeReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
Suomis

Clear your mutators list. And btw, try hosting a listen server instead of a solo game.
Suomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
Sniper-Lion6

yeah - i AM on solo mode - i'll check it out and see - thanks
Old 10-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
real4xor

:/ hmz, first of all check if there`s a downtime, those sometimes interfere with the achievements/perks.
If it`s not that...

Try deleting killingfloor.ini
It will reset game configuration and make a new ini file when you start the game up. So no worries, you only have to reconfigure the game again, but nothing important lost.
real4xor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
Pattoe

You should play on multiplayer, just on beginner and normal to start off with, a lot of the fun in killing floor comes from the cooperative aspect of the game :-)

But ofcourse, if that's not your cup of tea, solo is fine, too.
Pattoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #8
Sniper-Lion6

@real4xor
what is the downtime?

also, do you know where the killing floor .ini file is located? is it maybe not under that name or something?
because i can seem to find it . . .
Old 10-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #9
Sharky'sMachine

The file delete is the official fix response. Make sure you aren't playing with blacklisted mutators on solo mode. If you get the message after using a mutator or cheat, you have to restart the game to get the perks back.

The ini's are under "Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System", at least in my OS.
Sharky'sMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
Sniper-Lion6

so i've tried deleting all of the .ini files i could find under the "Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System", but every time i play the game nothing changes . . .

i haven't played w/ any mutators yet so i don't think that could be one of the problems, but i'd like to try to restart the game anyway and see if that helps . . . how do i go about doing that?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #11
Nekomancer

Well, deleting the .ini files is the "reset the game" way. Maybe you should ask the developer directly in their forums.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...splay.php?f=50
Also link this thread here so they know what you already tried.
Nekomancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor