Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DeathSpank

Old 10-26-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
Gargaj

Unhappy Gamebreaking bugs

Here's a post from a friend who can't open a thread here yet, but has problems running the game:
Quote:
Hey, I found two issues so far, one of which actually prevents me from playing the game:
The first, smaller issue was that the game sometimes simply froze up - as in the frame didn't change and I think the audio went into a 2 second loop too, but I'm not quite sure about that, could only be a video issue. Alt-tabbing out of the game and back in fixed this, in the 30 minutes I played with the game this occured three times.
The second, huge issue is that I couldn't get the game running a second time: on the first go I changed the resolution to 1920x1080, which worked fine - but when I tried to start the game a second time it failed to create the D3D device. This feels related to the 1600x900 issue in the other thread as I'm not sure my monitor supports that resolution and that could account for the failed init.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
madmarten

Settings file is in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Hothead Games\DeathSpank\Prefs.ini. Set the resolution to something low for now.
madmarten is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DeathSpank