Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 09-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
Riown

lost savegame LC-GOL

Hi there,

So I bought this game, finished it, collected aprox. 70% of the relics, weapons and stuff. Yeah, there is a bug at the last boss, if u die, you'll keep spawnin in the spikes. But thats not the point. The point is I crashed like 10-12 times during the game, and after my last crash my savegame gone. It said like : Error loading autosave. Wanna try again? Yes. Nothing happend, my stuff gone. I know, happens, and Im not the only one, Im just sayin its a bit wierd to start collecting like more than a houndred items when u can loose everything in five seconds.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
RAzzzOR

Just got the same issue. Fixed it by deleting C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\NNNNNNNN\35130 folder. Steam downloaded the autosaves from Cloud — that's it.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
Riown

Thank you, but I started it again. Made 12 missons to 100%, and some graphic crash happened at the end of the 13rd one. I'm playing from a notebook, but it shouldn't do this. It has a 2,2 core 2, ati hd 4330, 4g ram (updated drivers, w7, whatever). So after this, I took your advice, deleted that folder, and started to pray. But nothing happened, all gone again. I can't even load a system backup, cause I only have older ones to load. I'm a bit jarateed, I really liked this game, and couldn't wait till online co-op, but I think I'm done with this, 23 hours and still nothing to show up. Good luck for ya folks, hope you won't get probs like I did.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
FonZo

Just had the same thing.

Clocked 10 hours in the game, going through again doing all the time challenges, then after the Spider Tomb the game crashed.

When I opened the game it said something about failing to load my autosave, and all my progress was gone. Tried deleting the folder but it didn't help.

Nice.
FonZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
Tunips

Same problem here. I got the grey-screen inventory bug several times over the course of the game. Usually quitting and restarting restored the game with minimal progress loss. Until the last time.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:11 AM   #6
entigy

Unhappy No savegame to resume from !

OK, what is the issue with this game/Steam ?
I have now had to play the first level twice, because no savegame was created and I had to start from scratch again !
If I leave Steam running minimized then I can pick up from where I left off; but if I exit Steam or turn the PC off at bedtime then I have to start from the beginning again next time.
It's not convenient for me to be permanently connected to the internet, so I always use Steam in "Offline" mode.
Does this mean that to complete the game it has to be done in one marathon session, with Steam connected to the net the entire time ?
If so, that sucks
I shall await a constructive reply before starting this game again
Old 10-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
fvgal

I had the same problem yesterday. Game froze and when I went back into it, all saved game data gone. I wouldn't like to keep replaying the same section over and over without an end in sight. Hoping that Steam will look into this problem which appears to be affecting more than one player.

Last edited by fvgal: 10-16-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 10-17-2010, 05:27 AM   #8
entigy

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvgal View Post
I had the same problem yesterday. Game froze and when I went back into it, all saved game data gone. I wouldn't like to keep replaying the same section over and over without an end in sight. Hoping that Steam will look into this problem which appears to be affecting more than one player.
Amen to that !
I don't want to be condemned to playing the first level over and over again.... so until a savegame fix is released I'm not even going to fire the game up.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
WeirdHat

This happened to me last night. It was during the very last level. I think I was just about to finally kill Zolotl when the game crashed and I lost all my saved games.

I was irked. Luckily, the seventeen hours that passed while I waited for a moderator to activate my forum account gave me time to revert to my usual placid self.

Next time I'll just pay someone to stick needles in my scrotum.

Edit: Perhaps that last comment was a bit strong. I was enjoying the game until it crashed right before the climax. I feel a bit cheated that I didn't get to see the ending. And I can't be bothered to play through all the levels again just to get there.

Last edited by WeirdHat: 10-18-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Addendum regarding aforementioned scrotum needles.
WeirdHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
MADDOGGE

You know I was leaning toward getting this for my PC because it looks so much better but the more complaints I hear the better the 360 version looks.

Last edited by MADDOGGE: 10-18-2010 at 11:39 AM.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:54 AM   #11
entigy

Unhappy No savegame to resume from !

Is there still no fix for this ?
Is there any other way around it ?

I don't want to be on the internet all the time, so I use Steam in 'Offline' mode.
If I exit the game, but leave Steam running, I can resume from the last checkpoint. But if I exit Steam and/or switch the PC off then the only option upon resumption is to start a new game.

This means I've spent £10 for one level that I have to keep repeating.
Value for money ? I think not !
Old 11-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
Lodan

I did same problem, i lose my all progress when i came to steam menu pressing Ctrl+Tab meanwhile i was in game menu, my game get stuck and i lost all. hm was a kind annoying but was funny to reapeat it and get all achievements. but i hope some patch came soon and fix that issue
Lodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:21 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
ReubenF

Valve
Your save data is NOT lost, but the client is looking in the wrong place for it.

Your save file is located here: c:\program files\steam\userdata\<your user id>\35130\remote\autosave.lcgolsave

It needs to be located here: c:\program files\steam\userdata\<your user id>\35150\remote\autosave.lcgolsave

That is, the data is located in the folder "35130" but should be in the folder "35150" under "c:\program files\steam\userdata\".

Simply copying the file over likely not work as Steam Cloud now has the wrong file and will download a new file.

1. Make a backup copy of both folders..
2. From the Steam menu, choose "Go Offline" to put Steam in offline mode.
3. After Steam restarts in offline mode, choose "Exit" from the same "Steam" menu to shut down Steam completely.
4. Copy the save file from the 35130 folder into the 35150 folder.
5. Run Steam again. If it asks you to "Go Online" or "Start in Offline Mode", choose "Start in Offline Mode". This is critical, you must stay in Offline Mode for this to work.
6. Launch Lara Croft. Verify that you see your progress, and save your game.
7. Close Lara Croft.
8. Go to your Steam window and select "Go Online" from the "Steam" menu item at the top-left.
9. Run Lara Croft, verify that everything is still fine.

Please report back as to whether or not this solves the issue for you.
ReubenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 AM   #14
Lamento

My savegame is also loacated under \35130\, but it works as long as the cloud is on.
Doesnt work with cloud off, even if steam is online.

Why does the client in the wrong place anyway? Please explain!
Lamento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #15
ljbade

I believe it has something to do with the demo.

Something in today's Steam patch notes mentions GoL savegames.
ljbade is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tomb Raider series