Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guardians of Graxia

Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Dathmar

Great Game for the price.

Got this a while back on GamersGate
Its cheaper on Steam
Well worth the price

Looking forward to more content via DLC

Enjoy...and remember you are only paying less that $10 / £6 / 6 Euros
Old 11-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
Mulux

It is brand new to me. The video cought my eye on Steam and it looked pretty impressive. In fact I was almost sold on the video alone but the 10% discount did farther encourage me. I do like a good strategy game!

What I like about it, It's a board game that it has that old school kind of feel to it but the graphics are modernly pleasant, which altogether, I just can't get enough of
Mulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
SweetNothing

"Only" $10 is $10 too much if it doesn't run on my system. I don't like to gamble when I purchase a game. A demo would allow me to determine compatibility in advance. I hope the developer has plans to put out a demo sometime, otherwise this is just going to stay on my wishlist until I get tired of checking for one.
SweetNothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
Neovan

I would buy it for 6€, but it costs 10€.
Neovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
Joreel

SweetNothing...

If you like a good challege, this is a good game to play. The graphics are really good and the gameplay is top notch. I'm also looking forward to the DLC when it comes out
Joreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
Mivo

I also really enjoy this game, and it's running well on my Windows 7 64-bit system. Offers a good challenge. The skirmish mode would benefit from more maps, and a random map generator would add a lot, but it's nevertheless a fantastic game already -- and I look forward to the DLC.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
BarryWeen

Thumbs up Great Budget Title!

Yep, I'm lovin' it. I enjoy the boardgame version too, as well as Heroes of Graxia, the Deck Building game. I kinda hope Petroglyph brings Panzer General:Allied Assault to Steam too (it's on XBLA, which I don't have). It has the same or at least a similar system to Guardians. Big Thumbs Up to this game!!

P.S.--Bring on the DLC
BarryWeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
SweetNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreel View Post
SweetNothing...

If you like a good challege, this is a good game to play. The graphics are really good and the gameplay is top notch. I'm also looking forward to the DLC when it comes out
How does this help me determine whether the game will actually work on my computer?

I appreciate that you are enjoying it, and there is a good chance that I would, too. But unless I know for sure that a game will run on my computer, I just won't buy it. YMMV.

Last edited by SweetNothing: 11-11-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: punctuation error
SweetNothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Zorlac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNothing View Post
How does this help me determine whether the game will actually work on my computer?

I appreciate that you are enjoying it, and there is a good chance that I would, too. But unless I know for sure that a game will run on my computer, I just won't buy it. YMMV.

The system requirements are fairly low. Look at other games you own with similar requirements and see how they run. Do they run decent? Then buy it. Do they run like garbage? Then don't buy it.
Zorlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
Mivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNothing View Post
But unless I know for sure that a game will run on my computer, I just won't buy it. YMMV.
You could post your system requirements and see if someone has the same main components, which would help you determine the likeliness of whether it will run.

I know you want a demo, but there's none so far and at ten bucks the risk is low. It's a worthwhile game.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #11
Joreel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlac View Post
The system requirements are fairly low. Look at other games you own with similar requirements and see how they run. Do they run decent? Then buy it. Do they run like garbage? Then don't buy it.
Here are my Laptop system specs:

Intel i7 Quad-Core
Win 7 x64 w/ DX 11
4 gig of DDR3 ram
ATI 5730 w/ 1 gig DDR3 ram
Realtek Sound card

I'm also runing it on a Laptop with:

Vista Home Premium sp1 DX 10
AMD X2 Dual-Core
2 gig of DDR2 ram
Nvidia 6100 GO video card w/ 256 ram

It runs great on both...
Joreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
Dathmar

I've got this running on a Laptop running Windows Vista 32bit, Dual Core 2.5 Ghz CPU, ATI 3400 256 Gfx Card, 4GB RAM
Runs okay, best on low settings.
If this helps.
Dathmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guardians of Graxia