Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shank

Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #61
Jncocontrol

Quote:
INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY.
I don't see why you guys are complaining. You gotta be online to play most if not all of the games anyways on steam. Seems like you just wanna complain just for the sake of complaining.
I know there is a line between "This is bull","Dev are just being [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color]", and "Their should be little to nothing to complain about".
Like how Batman: Arkham Asylum only has a few activation limit. Which is BS (with a captial B and a S) We BOUGHT this off steam Why should we have to be treated like we pirate on steam, Esspecially when you reached the limit, and now it's a useless game on library.
But this falls in the boundaries of " Little to no big deal".
This isn't a ubisoft game you know.

Last edited by Jncocontrol: 11-25-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Jncocontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #62
archurban

Banned
well, you don't see yet worst DRM game. it's assassin's creed 2, Sprinter cell conviction, and prince of persia forgotten sands... all recent ubisoft games. you must keep internet connection during playing. if you lose connection, game will be closed with warning. no saving.
archurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #63
ellusion

Sweet, yet another game I shall overlook. Thanks Neuromante for the helpful post!
ellusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #64
Jncocontrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban View Post
well, you don't see yet worst DRM game. it's assassin's creed 2, Sprinter cell conviction, and prince of persia forgotten sands... all recent ubisoft games. you must keep internet connection during playing. if you lose connection, game will be closed with warning. no saving.
Ya those too.
but this games; Internet is required for installation. Internet is not required for play.
That's the problem many people here are having a hard time understanding.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:37 AM   #65
archurban

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jncocontrol View Post
Ya those too.
but this games; Internet is required for installation. Internet is not required for play.
That's the problem many people here are having a hard time understanding.
well, todays all new games are required internet connection for installation. it's not even DRM you can call. one time authorization. what's wrong with it? ubisoft games are not only required internet connection for installation but also need all time permanent connection during playing game. plus, you never played assassin's creed 2 lately? I played AC2, sprinter cell conviction, and finished all long time ago. these game need constant internet connection. games must have internet connection for this case. if you don't, you can't play them at all. that's why I posted it is the worst DRM issue we have ever been faced these days. I guess you don't know what I talk before playing these games on your hands.

Last edited by archurban: 11-25-2010 at 01:41 AM.
archurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:21 AM   #66
EinKopfschuss

Accidental double post :/
EinKopfschuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:22 AM   #67
EinKopfschuss

The DRM was removed on the last update. Here's the developers blog.

http://shankgame.com/

Now quit your whining and buy the ing game.

Quote:
4. Shank needs to activate every time we launch the game
We’ve fixed this issue — in this update, activation will no longer be necessary.
Also: After the update, a file related to activation may remain on your machine. If this file is present on your machine and you wish to delete it, you will find it in your steam directory in the steamapps\common\shank\bin folder. The file is named “activation.x64.dll.”
EinKopfschuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:43 AM   #68
Jncocontrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by archurban View Post
well, todays all new games are required internet connection for installation. it's not even DRM you can call. one time authorization. what's wrong with it? ubisoft games are not only required internet connection for installation but also need all time permanent connection during playing game. plus, you never played assassin's creed 2 lately? I played AC2, sprinter cell conviction, and finished all long time ago. these game need constant internet connection. games must have internet connection for this case. if you don't, you can't play them at all. that's why I posted it is the worst DRM issue we have ever been faced these days. I guess you don't know what I talk before playing these games on your hands.
Don't get lippy with me pal.
I have played AC2, It's by far not the worst DRM around, and by no mean the best.
I have NEVER had a issue with AC2 not saving any of my game, I didn't use a Crack, A No-cd or whatever you wanna call it to bypass the permanent connection DRM.
you need to blame Your ISP for such a crap-tastic connection, Not the game.
I guess you just like blaming most common denominator, instead of looking at the numerator.

Last edited by Jncocontrol: 11-25-2010 at 07:19 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shank