Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nuclear Dawn

Old 11-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Silverfell

InterWave Studios
Got wheels?

If you'd like to read a bit more about vehicles in Nuclear Dawn, then our latest blog post will have more than an eyeful to satisfy your cravings:

http://www.nucleardawnthegame.com/bl...lear-vehicular

It has screenshots, a detailed description of each vehicle's combat role, and screenshots. Did I mention screenshots?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
neur0

Now please have someone drive any of those vehicles around a block and capture it on video. Don't forget to post it somewhere when you are done

Thanks in advance,
neur0
Old 12-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
Silverfell

InterWave Studios
@neur0 - you can see the buggies and tank in action in the trailer on our front page. I'll see what I can do to arrange a few more peeks
Silverfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
neur0

Yeah, I kinda missed it, didn't know it wasn't just an animation.
But the big thing I somehow missed is that there is a glimpse of how the commander's gameplay looks like.

Hate to be unoriginal but - "can hardly wait"
Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
Silverfell

InterWave Studios
One aspect of the trailer that was fast submerged is that everything, every single shot of the game itself, was shot in-game without tricks, other than a little smoothing and a couple of dramatic effects (camera shake and whatnot).

Everything you see in the trailer was ingame then. This is... a few months later now. Still, I'll remember your request for a tour of a block or two
Old 12-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Thomp

you guys are actually freaking legends, good work!!!
Thomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #7
RagnarH

I would love to see the transport crashing through any other game, with clips of what the gunners in the back of it are seeing, as they mow down waves of whomever...

I hope at least one of the vehicles, will be able to replace a main gun, with a flamethrower. And no, flamethrowers are not known for being short ranged weapons; that is just the safe Hollywood ones.
RagnarH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
RagnarH

Come to think of it, I have a couple questions questions:

1. If I jump on top of a stationary enemy vehicle, will I die when it begins to move?

2. What (if any) vehicles may be captured? If any can be, I would suggest the buggy, yet until it is taken to a repair pad, the weapon is disabled.

3. Sprays have been a fun part of the source engine experience, any chance of having an emblem display on vehicles or buildings? It would have to be a two piece one, what the player wants to display, and an overlay (not just picture, but tiny object) from the faction they are in.
Example: I'm from canada, I want to display a maple leaf, so I have a square picture of one, but then a blue or red logo for the correct faction, sticks out from that picture.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:23 AM   #9
Silverfell

InterWave Studios
RagnarH - you can load the transport with three flamethrower Exos if you like.. that'd be one hot ride.

I apologize to the world for that pun.

That said, flamethrowers in ND are classed as effective at mid range and optimal at short range. That of course in a classification where Assault Rifles are the longest-range non-sniping gun, and can effectively blow the head off an enemy at an impressive range.

We like playing with fire - the Incendiary Exo is not safe. He's awesome.

Each faction has its own vehicles, but they can be hijacked at any time by enemies. After all, if you go through the trouble of producing the vehicle, and then leave it unattended, you deserve to have it taken from you.

There are no negative consequences to standing on a vehicle, enemy or otherwise, other than falling off and being run over when the driver realizes where you are. Tanks have a top-mounted machine gun, so good luck dodging that.

Sprays... will think about. The general concept, not the Canada thing. We blame Canada.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
FlyingMongoose

Come on, don't blame Canada...they are America's hat. I personally don't think custom spray overlays are that difficult. Basically make it two overlays, default faction logo is sprayed and the custom spray is put on top of it automatically. All it is is a two cycle loop. If there is nothing defined it shouldn't spray the second loop (custom icon). Or you can SELECT the custom icon from a set of multiple (you know, ala halo styles).
FlyingMongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #11
neur0

Personally, I am against custom sprays.
I have nothing against some kind of a custom clan or player logo system though - At least displayed on a scoreboard or something if not in-game.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #12
RagnarH

Overlays: The halo ones would have been so good, if they just got military unit patches in. A good ol' AA with the word Airborne above it for example.

Fire: Sounds like you guys are doing them right. I did not realize there would be an infantry one.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #13
FlyinHigh

I would like some input from the devs on where they are with everything vehicle-wise. These pictures are making me drool and I blame IW D:

Oh and BUMP
FlyinHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
mindfray

so when i click a the link on the first post, i get this

access denied You are not authorized to access this page.

so can someone link me to the vehicle trailer? i also cannot find it on the nuclear dawn page. it just shows the old default game trailer.
mindfray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #15
FlyinHigh

http://www.moddb.com/games/nuclear-d...lear-vehicular

just go here
FlyinHigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nuclear Dawn