Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Dimension

Old 07-19-2010, 03:56 AM   #1
Crakker

Why I stopped playing (Invisible blocks)

I was really enjoying this game, good puzzling and nice feel to it.

Then i got to the invisible blocks level.
WTF? Why did they put those in?
Its not an interesting puzzle mechanic. You are basically left guessing, or exploring for trial and error.

I got the game expecting puzzles, not a guessing game.

Invisible blocks are the same as saying: x^2 is equal to a number i am thinking of. Whats x equal to?

Sure its hard to figure out, but its not a puzzle. Its a guessing game.

So i have now quit the game, and i would recommend everyone i know not to buy it, if they are expecting a puzzler.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #2
Ninja144

Maybe there's an issue with your screen (contrast/brightness?) because the invisible blocks aren't really invisible.

The first type of "invisible" blocks are showing when you're close to them

Last edited by Ninja144: 07-19-2010 at 05:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Ninja144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
MaDaStar

Agree with Ninja, invisible blocks are still visible. As he states, some become visible while you are close to them, some when viwed from a distance. Therefore, they are a viable gameplay mechanic, but it does require you to remember that where they are when planning your moves.
MaDaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
zoinks99

They are pretty annoying though (and I've only played the demo). The game is disorienting enough as it is.
zoinks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
Zodler

I agree I also hate the Invisible Blocks.
Zodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:10 AM   #6
black51dog4u

I think that the reason for these invisible blocks is that you have to remember where they are, so you can use them. It's not a matter of guessing, but more a remembering mind cracker!

I like this kind of games the most because of these added components, but it's not always easy to solve them!
black51dog4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
simon_brown75

I really enjoyed the invisible blocks levels. Doesn't take long to figure out how they work. As someone else said, some are invisible when you're near them, some when you're far away. It adds a memory element and makes the game more fun IMO.
simon_brown75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
KaiUno

At first I felt the same as the OP. But then, after throwing down the controller and quitting several times because of the WTF factor, I tried again. Now I'm on the last level of that cluster and eh... still hating them. Hope they go away and don't come back after this cluster, they are teh suck.

Guess I still feel the same as the OP. But I'm hoping it's behind me now.
KaiUno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
NalgasDLemur

I am not at all surprised to find a thread about this. I really like the game overall, and I keep coming back every couple weeks to go through a few more levels (and intend to finish them all one of these days), but the invisible blocks really are the most annoying thing in it by far, or really the only annoying thing for me. They completely ruin the flow of how I prefer to solve the puzzles, because you can't exactly step back and look at the full layout and plan a route through it when you can't even see half of it. I keep wishing that depixelating them would make them become permanently visible, at least.

Other than that, though, it's pretty fun, and some of the puzzles are rather clever, so I don't mind too much...
NalgasDLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
stillwater78

I'm with you Crakker. The invisible blocks suck. It wasn't enough to make me stop playing: I really dug this game and played it practically non-stop for a few days till I finished all the puzzles. But the invisible block levels were definitely the lowlight of the experience (that, and the music, which I turned off after about 3 puzzles).

I played this game because I wanted my problem-solving skills to be put to the test, not my memory; if I wanted my memory tested, I'd get a different sort of game. The reliance on memory in those levels diluted the quality of the puzzles for me.

Last edited by stillwater78: 12-07-2010 at 03:11 PM.
stillwater78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
Sp_nce

Playing it now, it's highly uninteresting. Hopefully future levels don't use it.
Sp_nce is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Dimension