Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shatter

Old 12-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #31
doggster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvuti View Post
It wasn't actually that bad, the one what was in droplitz was much worse in my opinion. But shouldnt a objective be about a challange, and feel rewarded when you finally get it ? Thats what I felt when after tons of tries I finished the objective.
So true. Droplitz was sooooo annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaracSjet View Post
Nah, people seem to be getting it. The key is to keep as many balls going as you can for as long as you can. And if you have to choose one ball over another then always keep the slow ones!
Yeah, it's not that hard. Got it on my third try. Even got the Fringe Benefit achievement.
doggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #32
_Wiwo_

With keyboard and with xbox360 pad, my record was 9,900,000, no matter how many times I tryed it.

The first time I tryed with the mouse, I did 10,800,000. In a few more atemps... 12,300,000.

With the mouse it's really easy.

P.S.: and without using the "sneaky way", just playing at regular speed.
_Wiwo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #33
kramit

I hate to be one of those people but, compared to this Droplitz was so easy. I absolutely CRUSHED the high score on that on my second attempt, like several times over. First attempt I didn't even know how to play the game. Yet this one is killing me.
kramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #34
Bluestar72

I found Droplitz easy. This is ridiculously hard. I cannot for the life of me get beyond 3,000,000 each level.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #35
Forsythia

The difference between this and Droplitz is that the latter is actually fun to play. The Bonus Mode in Shatter isn't.
Forsythia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #36
doggster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsythia View Post
The difference between this and Droplitz is that the latter is actually fun to play. The Bonus Mode in Shatter isn't.
Lol, couldn't disagree more. Droplitz was terrible and boring. Shatter is more my speed.
doggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #37
Camilla

Sidhe CM
Oops, never mind. Missed a page.

Last edited by Camilla: 12-12-2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: pointless post, given the second page :)
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #38
TheSentry

I don't know, I don't find it is this hard. I haven't played it for 3 month and instantly got 14 million again. Just see that you shot the balls straight away.
TheSentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #39
kramit

I guess the difference is, Droplitz requires planning and a little quick thinking, reflexes don't really come into play. Shatter is 90% reflexes, really. So it kinda makes sense that a lot of people enjoy one but not the other.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #40
kalmis

Didn't realize there were 3 modes. Made it bit easier.
kalmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #41
Dr. Weird

Main point: These Treasure Hunt achievements are supposed to be a pick up and play thing. I suck at Chime, got that one. I took a few minutes in L4D2 in single player to snatch the zombie one, no problem...
My absolute best with any approach at all whatsoever and NO, I CANNOT DO THIS. It shouldn't take anyone more than 5 tries to achieve. 9,000,000 would be fine, but this is just too hard.
If you can do it, good for you, but some people can't and that's wrong.
Dr. Weird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #42
kramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weird View Post
Main point: These Treasure Hunt achievements are supposed to be a pick up and play thing. I suck at Chime, got that one. I took a few minutes in L4D2 in single player to snatch the zombie one, no problem...
My absolute best with any approach at all whatsoever and NO, I CANNOT DO THIS. It shouldn't take anyone more than 5 tries to achieve. 9,000,000 would be fine, but this is just too hard.
Agreed :P They just want you to buy the game and play it so you'll recommend it to friends. There's NO reason to make it harder than 2 or 3 tries, if anything that is counter-productive because now you're jarateed off and will tell everyone else not to bother. It's fun to make it more than just "load the game for achievement!" but this is just dumb.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #43
Political Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Weird View Post
100% this! I know it kinda sounds like a jerk thing to say but its true. Almost every other achievement could be eared within less then 30 minutes. I know other people have gotten it (and congrats to them) but should't it be an achievement "everyone"
can get like the rest.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #44
EroThraX

You have 44 hours left to complete the objective, stop complaining and continue playing.
EroThraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #45
Hunter-Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramit View Post
Agreed :P They just want you to buy the game and play it so you'll recommend it to friends. There's NO reason to make it harder than 2 or 3 tries, if anything that is counter-productive because now you're jarateed off and will tell everyone else not to bother. It's fun to make it more than just "load the game for achievement!" but this is just dumb.
This game is jarateing me off beyond belief.

Reflexes + Luck != Skill.

Droplitz was a walk in the park, maybe because that actually required a brain, instead of fast reflexes.
Hunter-Killer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shatter