Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > MDK series

Old 09-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
Wyvern_84

Unhappy Issues with MDK 1

Hello,

I'm having a couple of problems running MDK 1 on Vista, anyone got any ideas?

First of all the game is displayed smaller than screen and off centre to the top left of the screen. The left part of the screen is actually cut off and I can't find any way of centering it.

Also some of the textures keep turning white which is really ruining the game for me.

MDK 2 is working fine, I'd really like to get the first one running as it's one of my favourite old school games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Wyvernn

Old 09-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
luccamoreira

Same for me but with windows 7.
The difference is that the gane is cebtered.

Last edited by luccamoreira: 09-21-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:05 AM   #3
natland

i get the 2nd problem, but not the 1st one, i run windows vista home premium (everything up-to-date). it seems as though its a pretty common problem (the 2nd one), just about every place i went to trying to search to fix my mdk 2 problems, it came up with the screwy textures thing a lot for mdk 1
natland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
Freakster2k4

The problem I've got with MDK 1 is that it lags... FPS is like so low... And cant understand why :S Anyone had this problem at was able to fix it?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
natland

i have a feeling no one's question are going to be answered. none of the moderators have left a comment whatsoever (& they usually do at least leave one comment), main thing replied to has been the price...so i think people are caring more about their money than their gaming :P
Old 09-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Freakster2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by natland View Post
i have a feeling no one's question are going to be answered. none of the moderators have left a comment whatsoever (& they usually do at least leave one comment), main thing replied to has been the price...so i think people are caring more about their money than their gaming :P
Well can't say that I don't agree But I just hope that a moderator has an answer and can help, or that someone has the same problem and was able to fixet
Old 09-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #7
natland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakster2k4 View Post
The problem I've got with MDK 1 is that it lags... FPS is like so low... And cant understand why :S Anyone had this problem at was able to fix it?
ive seen other forums with people with the same problem as you, i didnt look at them however as that isnt my problem, just type into google "mdk issues" & from memory it has a lot of different forums with people having issues
Old 09-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #8
smadge1

I don't understand, if they're gonna release these older games on Steam, you think they'd jazz em up they they work on current OSs right?
smadge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #9
natland

i'd say ya right there, but it isnt up to steam i dont think, its upto the developers, unless valve bought the copyright to it so they could legally edit the games code. thats the only reason i can think of
Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
Hive Mind

I can't help you with the game being in the upper left hand corner, but to fix the blank/white textures, follow the instructions in post 2 and 4 here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1322768
Old 12-12-2010, 01:42 AM   #11
jonnynite

Here's a recap of the forum Hive Mind's above post links to:

Download this crack from gamecopyworld (I'm pretty sure this is legal since you own the game): http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_mdk.shtml

Then extract "MDK3DFX.exe" into your MDK directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\MDK)
Rename it "MDK.exe" (replacing the Steam version).

Next, download this 3DFX Glide emulator (zeckensack's Glide Wrapper) from: http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/

Install the emulator (it will run automatically when you play the game)

Now start the game and it should run nice and smooth.
jonnynite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #12
Hive Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynite View Post
Here's a recap of the forum Hive Mind's above post links to:

Download this crack from gamecopyworld (I'm pretty sure this is legal since you own the game): http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_mdk.shtml

Then extract "MDK3DFX.exe" into your MDK directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\MDK)
Rename it "MDK.exe" (replacing the Steam version).

Next, download this 3DFX Glide emulator (zeckensack's Glide Wrapper) from: http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/

Now start the game and it should run nice and smooth.
No! Rename it "MDKD3D.exe", that is what the Steam version is called.

Last edited by Hive Mind: 04-20-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #13
45super

It turns out to be even easier than that! Go ahead and download the 3DFX Glide emulator (zeckensack's Glide Wrapper) from: http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/
Then go to your MDK directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\MDK)
Rename your MDKD3D.exe file to something else to keep as a backup.
Rename MDK3DFX.exe to MDKD3D.exe.
All the textures are there! It's working great!
45super is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > MDK series