Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fate of the World

Old 12-04-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
deathbringer_jo

Sandbox/Skirmish/Free-play

This is probably a stupid question that is answered somewhere but simply didnt notice: Will the full version of the game have some kind of free mode with no losing terms and/or winning terms?. I'd like to controll the world for unlimited years and see what the consequence of my actions are in the long run.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:58 AM   #2
Gridbug

Red Redemption
Hi deathbringer,

The Dr. Apocalypse mission is going to be the most freeform mission, and the reward for completing the main challenge (3 Degrees).

Most of the lose conditions are removed, so you're much freer to act how you will... The game lasts as long as you're able to grip to power.
Gridbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
SBytheway

Question

Does Dr Apocalypse continue post 2200 then?
Why has it been decided that the end of the game is 2200 anyhow?
I know the end date is based on the mission you're doing, but I remember reading some where that you control the world from 2020 - 2200.
SBytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:31 AM   #4
Gridbug

Red Redemption
No, Dr. Apocalypse finishes in 2200.... it's an arbitrary date we selected as a cut-off in terms of the Policy cards and model effects we're making.

Subsequent Downloadable Content may extend this limit, but equally there are lots of improvements we want to make within the main phase of the game... Modelling the entire world ain't easy
Gridbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fate of the World