Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Meat Boy

Old 12-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Xazuki

World 1, 19/20 Bandages bug

After scouring World 1 of Bandages I was left with 19/20. After looking in a guide, the bandage is not marked as collected in the level "Tommy's Condo", but looking in that level I have already got it.

Is there any option but to wipe my save and start again? I'd rather not if there is any other way.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
Shuny

Using an hexadecimal editor, there is a simple way to fix this. Upload your savegame.dat somewhere (like Rapidshare or Megaupload) if you want me to fix your save
Shuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
irishladdie727

As someone who also has this problem and knows how to edit hex files, could you tell me which offset to edit and what to change?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #4
Shuny

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishladdie727 View Post
As someone who also has this problem and knows how to edit hex files, could you tell me which offset to edit and what to change?
Depends which world ... For the World 1, the total number of bandages is located at 0x1F. This will not change "which bandages has been taken on which level", it will simply modify the number of bandage shown when you beat the boss (I also believe that the game uses this offset to make its statistic).

If you're stuck on a bandage you can't validate, then you'll have to change the value which specifies the state of the level, 00 being not made, 02 being "done", 03 being "done with bandage", 08 being "warp zone discovered".

So in your case you'd have to change a 02 value to a 03, but you'll have to locate the date matching your level. The best way to do it is locating the value corresponding to the time (ex: F7 53933F in file (little endian)), converting this value to a decimal one (use this: http://babbage.cs.qc.edu/IEEE-754/32bit.html ) and see if the time matches the level you want to modify. If the time shown by the game matches the time you just converted, then you're on the right offset and you'll just have to change the "state value" (as explained before) from (probably) 02 to 03, which will be right after the 4 bytes corresponding to the time.

Good luck and sorry for my lame english
Shuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:37 AM   #5
Xazuki

Thanks for offering to help Shuny I've PM'd you the location of the save file, would be great if you can help me with this.
Xazuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Meat Boy