Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2

Old 12-31-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Delicieuxz

So, something I don't understand about classing/multiclassing

I started the game as a warlock, and kept choosing warlock each time I leveled up, but when I hit level 6 or something it wouldn't let me choose warlock any more, the option was greyed out. I chose swashbuckler as a second class then. The following level also wouldn't let me choose warlock again, so I chose swashbuckler once again. Is it normal to be forced to multiclass? I thought you could stick with one class for the entire game.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
ZomgzoR

You should check what prestige classes are available, they are met when your character reaches certain milestones in their requirements, and i think its all classes that have a limit to them
Old 12-31-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
Delicieuxz

I was wanting to go with the hellfire warlock prestige class, but it was still greyed out. I'm pretty sure all the prestige classes were still greyed out.
Delicieuxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:31 AM   #4
Delicieuxz

Damnit, I always end up making the worst classes. I have an Orc warlock, with the Rapid Reload feat. Then what I read online says an Orc as a warlock is a terrible idea as the -2 charisma really hurts, and the Warlock class is pretty weak anyway, and the Rapid Reload is a waste of a feat as crossbows become useless as a weapon later on. SDHNCNKN@#C)*NCK@#&$.

I read there was a tool that let you re-attribute your class layout. Does it let you change your race/class as well? Anyone got a link?

P.S. is Rapid Reload becomes worthless then it shouldn't be available as a feat in the first place. FU WORLD.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:02 AM   #5
NighT-WolF

Check your attitude. They can change during the game and lock/unlock some classes. For example: A chaotic evil charackter, who wants to be a paladin, has a damn long way to go. On the other side, a lawful good paladin, who murders little cats, cant be a paladin anymore.
NighT-WolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #6
Rustybobo

Banned
i think your alignement might have change in the course of the campaign witch prevented you from going on the warlock path anymore.
Rustybobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:48 AM   #7
Elric

If you are unfamiliar with D&D and the 3.5 rule set I know that things like this can get very frustrating indeed.

Fortunately there are a few websites with information about the "D20" that can help like......

http://www.d20srd.org/

Wizards of the Coast D&D forums are also a cornucopia of information concerning everything about Characters and classes and...well...everything concerning D&D.

Here's a link for Character Optimization.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thre...ks_for_CO_work

I hope this helps you.
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:00 AM   #8
FAButzke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicieuxz View Post
I started the game as a warlock, and kept choosing warlock each time I leveled up, but when I hit level 6 or something it wouldn't let me choose warlock any more, the option was greyed out. I chose swashbuckler as a second class then. The following level also wouldn't let me choose warlock again, so I chose swashbuckler once again. Is it normal to be forced to multiclass? I thought you could stick with one class for the entire game.
As far as I know, Warlocks cannot be good nor neutral (Neutral Good, True Neutral, Lawful Neutral, Lawful Good). You probably started as Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral or one of the 3 evil alignments and then, performed "good deeds" which moved your alignment to the ones prohibited by the class.
Example:

You are Chaotic Neutral (Warlock allowed) then you save a bunch of guys instead of butchering them. This moves you towards good. If you keep doing this, soon you'll be Chaotic Good (Which is also Warlock allowed) Then you have the option to lie or to tell the truth. You tell the truth and this moves you towards Lawful. If you keep doing this, soon you'll be Lawful Good (Which is NOT allowed by the Warlock class). If you reach that point, your only hope of getting the option to level in the warlock class again, is to start making some chaotic/evil choices.

Hope this clarifies it to you. =)
FAButzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #9
Hi2u! Tw1TcH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicieuxz View Post
Damnit, I always end up making the worst classes.
Those are usually the most interesting to play. It's not too difficult on normal mode anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it. Will end up being very rewarding.
Hi2u! Tw1TcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:36 AM   #10
NWN DM

It's not like you need an optimum character to complete the OC.

There are +15 swords in every barrel and trash heap.

Monty Haul never had it so good.
NWN DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
Elric

You don't need to min max ever unless you're playing on a PvP battle based action PW. (Not sure if they even have those for NWN 2 but a couple of them were fun for NWN 1....but I digress)

But the OP obviously doesn't have any knowledge about classes, alignments or other things that are in a game based around the D&D 3.5 rule set so posting links that will allow the OP to read about them or explaining specifics in a reply as FAButzke did can't hurt eh?
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #12
NWN DM

The NWN2 Wiki site.
NWN DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #13
Delicieuxz

Yeah, it was the alignment changing. I didn't foresee that when I created the class, though I probably should have suspected it could happen. I've been using that NwN2 wiki site a lot while playing to learn what character aspects the DnD terms refer to.
Well, I should be very familiar with things by the time I finish the OC and start MotB, for which I'll create a new char.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2