Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shattered Union

Old 12-30-2010, 02:18 AM   #1
kulawend

Post Petition Requesting Action - Please don't sell us broken games!

This is a petition asking Valve to do something about this game, it's unethical to sell broken games.

There are multiple solutions for this problem:
1. Remove the game from Steam completely, and reimburse those who have bought it with credit or a free game.

2. Display a notification that the game may not work with Windows 7 or Windows Vista, and possibly require the user to click "Accept" before adding it to their cart. The tiny "Not compatibile with Windows Vista" isn't good enough, people can't see it!

3. Attempt to get the developer to create a patch, if they decline then resort to 1 or 2.

Please post below if you support this and believe that games should never be sold under false pretenses.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
warmaster670

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulawend View Post
This is a petition asking Valve to do something about this game, it's unethical to sell broken games.

There are multiple solutions for this problem:
1. Remove the game from Steam completely, and reimburse those who have bought it with credit or a free game.

2. Display a notification that the game may not work with Windows 7 or Windows Vista, and possibly require the user to click "Accept" before adding it to their cart. The tiny "Not compatibile with Windows Vista" isn't good enough, people can't see it!

3. Attempt to get the developer to create a patch, if they decline then resort to 1 or 2.

Please post below if you support this and believe that games should never be sold under false pretenses.
Really? your blaming the developers because you didnt bother to look at the system reqs? im sorry, but if your not gonna look at the reqs for a pc game your buying then you deserve what you get.
warmaster670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
kulawend

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaster670 View Post
Really? your blaming the developers because you didnt bother to look at the system reqs?
Not at all, I'm simply asking that if the game cannot be made compilable with Vista / 7 then they should clearly state that it is not compatible, specifically with Windows 7, or remove it from the Steam store entirely as the game is nearly obsolete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaster670 View Post
im sorry, but if your not gonna look at the reqs for a pc game your buying then you deserve what you get.
Well the point is that it doesn't matter if someone looks at them or not. The game just doesn't work, even if you match the requirements.

Let's take a look at what the system requirements says:
Quote:
Note: Not compatibile with Windows Vista

Recommended: Intel P4 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 256 MB RAM, 128MB video card
It says absolutely nothing about not being compatible with Windows 7, which is what most people use now days.

Out of every game I've ever bought on Steam this is the only game I've had problems with. That's a pretty good track record, but still I'm asking that something be done about this. It's not fair that people who jump on the low price get rewarded with a broken game.
kulawend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
Wiggums5

This isn't compatible with Vista, I guess I missed that before I bought it...oh well bye bye 50 cents.
Wiggums5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
zebber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
This isn't compatible with Vista, I guess I missed that before I bought it...oh well bye bye 50 cents.
It seems to work fine with my 32bit Vista system. The only thing I've noticed is that scrolling around the battle map isn't as smooth as it should be sometimes...it seems like it's slow, or stuck on something.
zebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
NeroGoth

Agreed

I had been waiting to play the game as my old system was not up to snuff for most games. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS means the game loads, it doesn't mean it is playable or functions 100%, so I believed (and based on it's competitors requirements; C&C, etc.) and waited to purchase this when I got my new system. So when I was lucky to get during the holiday a High End system, Dell XPS17, fresh from factory install, of the current name brand (it is a Dell after all) mainstream hardware and software; no more hack and plug in cheap mishmash system like I had to deal with before; now to get and play Shattered Union, Bioshock2, etc. and so on.

What do I get when I finally install this game: BROKEN! Not acceptable when I see posts now going back *2* YEARS!!!! I agree totally, this is unacceptable, selling a KNOWN broken game. Steam touts they are making the purchase of games easy, simple, no more patches worries, no more lost scratched CDs, etc. They even monitor and scan your computer to 'help' you decide on other purchases, as well as provide statistical information for developers; Well how about a simple warning of a KNOWN ISSUE when your system SCANNED results conflict with the game purchase? I can't install a MacOS game on my Windows system can I? So why is this a 'new' issue? Come on Steam step up!
NeroGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
Richiebaby

If it says it isn't compatible with Windows 7.. it obviously wouldn't work on Vista.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
Th3N1ck

See http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=915253

I'm running:
Vista x64 (Home Premium)
AMD 9600 Quad Core 2.30GHz
8GB of RAM

I can COMPLETELY verify that bumping down the RAM via 'msconfig' gets the game to work.

I can say that for .49 cents if it worked great, if not...it's FORTY-NINE CENTS, lol.
Th3N1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:07 AM   #9
kulawend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebaby View Post
If it says it isn't compatible with Windows 7.. it obviously wouldn't work on Vista.
You're backwards, it says it's not compatible with Vista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3N1ck View Post
I can COMPLETELY verify that bumping down the RAM via 'msconfig' gets the game to work.
Yeah, it seems that it can't handle more than 2GB of RAM. I did the msconfig trick and it worked, but after I got in the game there was a bunch of other bugs like screen flashing and messed up audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3N1ck View Post
I can say that for .49 cents if it worked great, if not...it's FORTY-NINE CENTS, lol.
I think you're missing the point entirely. I don't care if it's $0.49 or $60.00, when I buy a game I expect it to work "out of the box", no tricks or hacks required.
kulawend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
Muti Messiah

I Disagree with this petition and think its rather silly.

to be honest here its not steams fault they provide what there told too.

It is stated that its not compatible with vista and most people know windows 7 is based on vista so it shouldn't have come as much of a shock.

if you want a patch your best off going to 2k to complain the people who actually can do something about it
Muti Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
Barser

Well I agree with op. I cant play this game and now it just collect dust in my libary.
I have a lot of ancient games bought from steam and they all work.
This game I didnt expect not to work under win7 as it was illogical.
They should atleast inform us with a big notice then.
Barser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
cadpig

At the very least put the games that aren't compatible with vista/windows 7 in a separate category. I agree with this petition.
cadpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
masta121

Contact support about it, they will most likely give you a refund.
masta121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #14
Oliolli

Steam doesn't give refunds.

As for the game, I can see nothing broken about it, it runs perfectly well on my Win7 system.
Oliolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #15
Kaihekoa

Perhaps it's been patched because it runs just fine on Vista for me.
Kaihekoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Shattered Union