Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Europa Universalis series

Old 01-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
KarlMonster

Battle results - W.E.??

Quick question.

The manual that is linked to by Steam Library entry for EU3 Complete does not even mention the results screen you get at the end of battles.

I finally worked out for myself that

P. = prestige

T. = tradition

... but what in the heck does "W.E." stand for?

Context: I'm running the Tutorial Trial on colonization. Since it takes a while for Portugal to get the national idea of "Discover the New World", I occupied myself with conquering all of Morocco. During this time, I lent Aragon money to help fight his wars. He refused to pay, so I just sank 21 galleys with 10 carracks and a few cogs that shouldn't even have been in the fleet. As a result, he gets a W.E. +10 (in red), and I get 0.

[Not nearly so important, but he gets a tradition gain of +2.50 to my tradition gain of +0.30 ?? What the jarate? My tradition got mugged!]
Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
cropredybridge

W.E. = War Exhaustion. His people aren't happy that you sunk his fleet

Not sure about tradition. I noticed that if I recruit a general or an admiral, tradition also seems to drop. Don't understand that one yet.
cropredybridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
KarlMonster

Tradition is supposed to drop when you recruit a new leader. I suppose that is the result of the new guy reorganizing or having a different approach. Then the new leader's abilities are based on what the tradition level was before he was recruited. So when Portugal (Land 0%, Naval 100% at that time), recruited an admiral and an conquistador, the Admiral was outstanding, and the Conquistador... well, just send a *lot* of men with him, and he might survive.
KarlMonster is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Europa Universalis series