Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
aLuZiNK

How to couple trains..?

Hi everyone,

i'm new to this simulator and am baffled about coupling trains..

i stopped my freight in front of the cars, switched to the coupling camera, and moved my mouse on the coupling, a couple cursor appeared. but it doesn't connect my freight to the car when i clicked on it.. nothing at all happened.

am i missing some key control here, or am i doing it completely wrong?

Old 01-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Ragnokak

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1656222

From RW Driver Manual_Web.pdf:

“Ctrl+Shft+C” Couple manually. You can also use the coupling view to
couple.

Make sure your close enough.

You can also turn on auto-couple if you wish to not fuss with that aspect.
Ragnokak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
aLuZiNK

thank you Ragnokak.

i tried ctrl+shft+c and it didn't work by some unknown reason. i switched the auto couple on and now it does the job for me.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
lighthousepoet

Hi aLuZiNK and welcome to RW. Perhaps the best way of coupling wagons/coaches (you don't really need the camera) to do this is, tab the coupler symbol at the bottom left of the driver interface, this will open up cab to track/wagons/coaches if you have placed your loco close to the wagons/coaches then they will show up as green(your loco will show up as red) you can slowly reverse/approach them (3mph is a pretty safe speed) you will hear them connect but you will have to click on the coupling on the screen to physically connect ( the wagon symbols also show the wheels of each wagon so that you can apply individual brakes by clicking on the wheels. ( this would be essential if the siding or shunt was on a gradient).
Alternatively from the options screen in the opening menu you can select automatic coupling by ticking the box in the control screen, however, you cannot use this in career scenarios..
lighthousepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
aLuZiNK

Hi lighthousepoet, thanks for the information. my problem is that in the coupler interface, the wagons/coaches don't appear no matter how close i stopped my freight near them, i even tried to push them further back and it didn't work..
Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
Gunloon

I don't use the interface, just do it like they do in the 3D world, approach slowly while watching with the '8' free cam and drive them together below 3 (preferably below 1) mph. Nice solid coupler clash sound and we're done, with no use of the interface. I pretty much only use the lower screen interface or the coupler control icon in cam view for uncoupling.

Very realistic and satisfactory from my view.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks