Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Woliati

TF2 Trade Window error

Okay, I'll be in a trade server, and someone send me a trade. I accept it, and it'll reach 0 saying 'No response from the server.'
So I assume maybe the Trading server isn't working for me, later on with every trade I try, the person cancels after waiting and says something like 'Why didn't you respond?'.
The trade window isn't opening for me at all? :S

Edit: I alt tabbed out and back in and the trade window opened, but if anyone knows why I have to alt tab, please say so.

And again, in order to look at the messages people send me, I have to alt tab, they won't load otherwise.

Now in order to change weapons while spawned (For it to actually show that I changed weapons, I press 'M' and check it) I have to alt tab. Connection issues right?

Last edited by Woliati: 12-01-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
Catf$h

I'm bumping this because I'm having a similar issue.
A little clarification. When I start a trade or receive a trade the timer runs out before the trade starts. If the trade actually starts when I move items over it does not register with the other player until a long period of time.

Last edited by Catf$h: 12-21-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Catf$h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
TomZa123

Yeah me too.I always press shop for items or manage items and something in there to open it.
TomZa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
Catf$h

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomZa123 View Post
Yeah me too.I always press shop for items or manage items and something in there to open it.
This works to get the trade request window to show up, but it still times out. The other person joins trade and mine says it was cancelled. This still does not fix how slow the trading is.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
Catf$h

Issue not resolved yet so I am Bumping this again.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
Catf$h

Fix - Just Disable your Steam cloud.

Open Steam > Click on Library > Games > Right click on the Game you want to disable Cloud for > Click Properties > Updates

Uncheck the box at the bottom in order to stop Cloud synchronization from happening.

Also make sure that steam cloud is disabled in game.
Options > Multiplayer options > Advanced

Uncheck the box that says Synchronize with the Steam Cloud

Last edited by Catf$h: 01-12-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
poco777

If all else fails, contact support
they will know
poco777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
japanimater

A somewhat similar issue happened to me. Another player was wanting to trade their name tag for a descrip tag so I send his a trade request, I try several times but it just counts down to 0. I ask him what wrong and he says it's working for him. So I restart TF2, upon arriving at the main menu I get a trade request from him that I promptly accept.

So while in the trade window I add my descrip tag and while waiting I text him what's the problem, no response. So I exit the trade and rejoin the server we both were on. He restarts TF2, rejoins the server and now it worked. The problem was from his side but I hope this can still be fixed.
japanimater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
TehEpic

I'm getting the same kind of problem. Recently when I received or sent requests the trade window would open but it would be invisible, acting like it was there. I've tried restarting yet to no avail. This happens to me an insane amount of times. I hope this gets fixed soon...
TehEpic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2