Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Ceville

Old 08-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
MondPrinzessin

Smile No Videos in Ceville

Hi!

I have a problem with the Steam Version of Ceville. If I start the game, I hear sound but I dont see any videos. Not even the logos of the developer or something.

Has someone an idea how to fix this? I m using Windows 7.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
jor

Late reply.

I have the same issue.
Play Ceville in windowed mode to fix: Open \Libraries\Documents\Ceville\config.cfg and under [graphic] set full_screen=false.

I still get issues where sound drops out occasionally... need to quit and restart.
jor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
PhantomLord

I can verify that this fix works in Windows 7. Setting the cfg file will always launch the game in window mode. Once I loaded my game, I would switch to full screen and when reaching the next movie, it would display fine.

I actually didn't notice at first because of the narration during the first movie. I just figured it was a narration over a black screen. Heh.
PhantomLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
Sharkey

How to "switch" to full-screen?

I'm having this problem too. Worked fine under Vista but now, under Win7, won't play video in fullscreen.

PhantomLord - How do you switch to full screen? There no windowed / fullscreen option in the in-game options.

Are we just supposed to maximize the window and play it that way?

This is really annoying - switch back to Vista just to play this game full screen?!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:47 AM   #5
starlinvf

I think he meant maximize the screen.
starlinvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #6
Copec

Check if AA is turned off in the video drivers.
Copec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:07 AM   #7
WulfenMortys

Lightbulb

Alternatively, just go to your Steam\steamapps\common\ceville folder, right-click on Ceville.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Tick Disable visual themes, Disable desktop composition and Disable display scaling on high DPI settings > OK > Run from Steam as per usual.

Works like a charm here.
WulfenMortys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
Agret

I did both the fullscreen thing and the compatibility thing when I bought this game on sale, it plays the movies okay but it crashes before I get out of the throne room. They need to release a Windows 7 compatibility update for this badly. I thought this game was only released this year o_O
Agret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #9
Wild_Dog_01

How to fix "No Videos"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WulfenMortys View Post
Alternatively, just go to your Steam\steamapps\common\ceville folder, right-click on Ceville.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Tick Disable visual themes, Disable desktop composition and Disable display scaling on high DPI settings > OK > Run from Steam as per usual.

Works like a charm here.
I am a user of Windows 7 and I can confirm that this works. The game did crash on me once, but that could have been due to something else, and other than that I haven't had a problem.
Wild_Dog_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
kikuras

Quote:

Works like a charm here.
I tried this solution also and it works for videos, but every time I load to a new chapter the game crashes. Anyone know how to fix that?
kikuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
huma79

Quote:

Works like a charm here.
This works for me, but I had to do one more step: in the cfg file, i had to change my resolution to 1280x768. It only worked if I did both things.

My laptop is normally 1366x768, so this makes black bars on the sides of the game, but I think it's closer to the correct aspect ratio that the game is intended.
huma79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
dukmiester2

Quote:

Works like a charm here.
Just to add, this also works for me but I also had to NOT use Nvidia SLI.

Now, I have some older Nvidia drivers (260.99) and have had excellent results just forcing Alternate Frame Rendering 2 in the Nvidia control panel for games that my old driver doesn't have a proper SLI profile for, and it works just fine for most all games, even newer ones like Max Payne 3 and Prototype 2.

It allows for a fairly even load on both of my GTX 260's, keeping the GPU temperatures down, which is the main reason I use AFR2. Gotta get as much use out of these cards as I can as I can't afford to upgrade my cards every year

I just automatically go into control panel and set every game I purchase to use AFR2 as a habit without even thinking about it.

This game, however, doesn't really put too much of a strain on my one card (temps usually stay below 54 Celcius) and the performance is fine.

Even with the above mentioned fix, when I force Altenate Frame Rendering 2 to enable SLI, the cut-scene videos still did not play properly.

Also, I found that I had to disable the Steam Community In-Game overlay, else videos will not play.

Disabling SLI (AFR2 in my case)and disabling the Steam Community In-Game overlay allows the cut-scene and intro videos to play just fine.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to point this out as it may help other users

Last edited by dukmiester2: 08-11-2012 at 02:25 PM.
dukmiester2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Ceville