Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Secret of the Magic Crystals

Old 01-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #16
Sifer2

So Steam's auto update has now made even little girl's cry. I hope your happy Gabe. lol
Sifer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #17
RobotID2

update from facebook:
"update: Secret of the Magic Crystals update should be on Steam as soon as it gets approved. this fixes the pc savegame issue! It should bring back the old savegame too! sorry for the inconvenience to everyone and thank you for your patience! "

speaing to devs myself the savesgames are not lost but the update was reading them from the wrong place. this means that once the new build is approved by Steam and gets uploaded and installed all the old save games will be back ! they spent all weekend on isolaing and fixing the issue and hopefully steam will update it real soon. Thanks guys for your patience and sorry for the hassle. S&%*t happens
RobotID2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #18
RobotID2

could anyone still having issues or experiencing them since update e-mail the devs at contactATartery-studiosDOTcom as they are keen on solving all outstanding issues.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #19
RobotID2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWhat View Post
@RobotID2: thanks for the update. btw, what is the facebook address of the devs?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Artery...57218907624717
Old 01-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
ThePanda

Savegames are back! Whew!
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:09 AM   #21
Onyx Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaery View Post
Do you know if those achievements are just ingame achievements, or if they'll be Steam achievements?
I'd very much like to know this as well before I get too far into the game and have to restart.

I've gotten plenty of browser popups trying to get me to log into Facebook (which is annoying as I don't have or want one...) so that definitely was added the other day, but I don't see any achievements unless they are some kind of Facebook achievements or something.
Onyx Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #22
RobotID2

Achievements are posted on Facebook and not related to Steam! you can turn off the Facebook posting in options! There is a Facebook icon in options, just turn it off (choose the faded non glowing one )

Don't think Steam achievements will be introduced in the near future so no need to worry!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:46 AM   #23
Onyx Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotID2 View Post
Don't think Steam achievements will be introduced in the near future so no need to worry!
Disappointing, but thanks for the confirmation.

Also, thanks for reminding me about the option to turn Facebook stuff off. I saw it when I first started and I could have sworn I turned it off but I guess I left it on.
Onyx Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #24
Skaery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotID2 View Post
Achievements are posted on Facebook and not related to Steam! you can turn off the Facebook posting in options! There is a Facebook icon in options, just turn it off (choose the faded non glowing one )

That's too bad. I know that at least a small group of people was expecting Steam achievements and therefore bought the game on Holiday sale.

Could you ask the devs about this just to be sure?
Skaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #25
RobotID2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaery View Post
That's too bad. I know that at least a small group of people was expecting Steam achievements and therefore bought the game on Holiday sale.

Could you ask the devs about this just to be sure?
All I can tell you guys is that they're looking into Steam Achievements. I - personally - believe that it will get introduced as it looks like they are trying to release new games too on Steam and that means that they're committed to Steam. This is good news but they need support. If you like the game then like their Facebook page and promote the game too so they can carry on with the free upgrades to add new features. There's a free demo up on Steam now which you can send to all your friends!

Also, suggestions and comments, bug reports are welcome, just send to their contact address: contactATartery-studiosDOTcom

I've been informed some time back about a survey they are preparing to get some feedback from users to find out what to include/fix/optimize in future releases, I'll chase that up too!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Secret of the Magic Crystals