Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Napoleon: Total War

Old 12-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
BWpunisher

Shogun 2

So does anyone know or have an idea of when Shogun 2 will be available for pre-order from Steam, if at all? Or the price?

Amazon uk already has Shogun 2 for pre order, so I was just wondering and thought it didn't hurt to ask.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
DavidtheDuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWpunisher View Post
So does anyone know or have an idea of when Shogun 2 will be available for pre-order from Steam, if at all? Or the price?

Amazon uk already has Shogun 2 for pre order, so I was just wondering and thought it didn't hurt to ask.
Most likely at least $50 preorder, at the start. They might have one of those 10%-off-if-you-preorder things, but that's usually what I ever see from a major publisher.
DavidtheDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
InfinitusOdium

I am nto sure but why on earth woule you pre-order it?

Just my 2 cents but I never pre-order games. If Steam has it you can buy it on the first day anyway. Plus, Total War games are always jacked up until the first patch. Save your money until CA proves they made a better game.

EDIT: I will buy it btw. Just not until I know it will work well.
InfinitusOdium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
SlyNicolai

I dont know... buy it first when it comes out if you are a TW fan (DONT GO OFF OF ME) and take advantages of the game before they EDIT THEM and REALIZE WHAT SHOULDNT BE. Not going to say what Im talking about hahaha.

Prussia is not even the same anymore in NTW but I still like the way they changed it.
SlyNicolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
SlyNicolai

Im kinda glad they are going all the way back to SHOGUN period. I dont know their styles and thats a piece missing of the past I dont know.
SlyNicolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
BWpunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitusOdium View Post
I am nto sure but why on earth woule you pre-order it?

Just my 2 cents but I never pre-order games. If Steam has it you can buy it on the first day anyway. Plus, Total War games are always jacked up until the first patch. Save your money until CA proves they made a better game.

EDIT: I will buy it btw. Just not until I know it will work well.
Because I know I am going to get it anyways,so I'd rather pre-order it and just get it over with. Plus the pre-load. Yes I know a lot of people will be pre-loading it and it will be slow but I'm sure on the release day it will be just as slow.

I'd just rather pre-order lol. And Shogun 2 looks like it will be alright. If it sucks then whatever total war game is next...I am not even going to bother pre-ordering until after the release and some reviews.
BWpunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #7
anye123

Why pre-order from Steam when you could get this awesome box from Amazon? It'll be Steamworks, surely.
anye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #8
BWpunisher

Because I don't live in Europe at the moment lol. I am in Canada. And I haven't seen any North American sites with the pre-order available yet. It's just personally easier for me to pre-order it off Steam lol.
BWpunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
shireknight

Creative Assembly
Quote:
Originally Posted by anye123 View Post
Why pre-order from Steam when you could get this awesome box from Amazon? It'll be Steamworks, surely.
Call that awesome? THIS is awesome.
shireknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
vazzaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shireknight View Post
Call that awesome? THIS is awesome.

Yea, 404 errors! AWESOME!

vazzaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
dyabel

@vazzaroth:

link works for me - it's a chess set with shogun theme
dyabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
italian88

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyabel View Post
@vazzaroth:

link works for me - it's a chess set with shogun theme
Shireknight probably fixed it because when he first posted it, I got the 404 error message as well.
italian88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
vicsrealms

Nice looking chess set. That would look nice next to my Claptrap figure (if the bloody thing ever comes out). Haven't seen anything like that in the states. Hopefully, as we come closer to release date we will be able to pre-order those.
vicsrealms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
vicsrealms

Hopes have been dashed, it was brought to my attention that those box sets aren't coming out in the states. We are stuck with the limited edition or the normal one. Steam isn't even getting the Limited Edition. I will have to order it from Amazon.
vicsrealms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
Dancanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsrealms View Post
Hopes have been dashed, it was brought to my attention that those box sets aren't coming out in the states. We are stuck with the limited edition or the normal one. Steam isn't even getting the Limited Edition. I will have to order it from Amazon.
can't you just buy it from game.co.uk or whatever and pay extra shipping? sucks tho...
Dancanman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Napoleon: Total War