Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
sean_blaik

Exclamation Sick of this

Iv have just join about 10 or so severs only to find .

Sever where Squads have one person in there and locked.
Severs With Squad of Just snipers.
Severs with People Look a the the OBJ and doing nothing!

WTF people Sort yourself OUT!
Snipers are never the Best option
Get the FLAG/M-Com or Defend the Flag/M-Com
Help Each Other
AND PRESS Q for F**K Sake!
Lvl 50's Stop Being Snoobs

If your a Noob or want to get better please Watch This!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14
Old 01-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
MrChris

its mainly I bleev because people press the button that says, put me in a squad, which sounds great

but then they just get sent into a locked squad lol
MrChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
sean_blaik

People Know it happens, I have the habit of Unlocking it when I join now
sean_blaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
deadlybydesign

When I play on lunch breaks, I find a lot of servers with people like that. Sometimes, they'll unlock the squads. Sometimes, they'll work as a team, too.

But not often, and small servers tend to devolve into squad warfare.... objectives be damned.
deadlybydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Amander

My biggest problem is the total lack of team balance.
Amander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #6
bejayel

TL;WR - This was absolutely the most frustrating game of BC2 I EVER had. Go play CoD if you're going to play like that. It completely ruins the game for everyone else.

Honestly, you would rage just watching a video of my game last night.

We're on Arica harbor attacking. The first thing I ALWAYS do on Arica is grab the quad and take the back way up to back stab the 5 oblivious snipers usually on the hill. Unfortunately, one guy was on to this and I only netted a triple before dieing .

Next my friend jumps in a humvee and waits for me. We hightail it straight for b. We walked in uncontested and I slapped up my typical smoke barrier. I stand guard allowing a friend to plant B. This went off without a hitch. We both died, but we able to hold the plant long enough that disabling would only be possible with the arm/disable bug. A was taken by collapsing the building.

Friend switches to engineer. I remain smoke assault. 1 squad mate switched to Recon. Other remains objective with us.

We run down the back side to b. I fire off some smoke bombs around b. The enemy clusters. I direct my friend to A to blow it open at all costs (which he does effectively). I hightail it in to A. Friend spawn clock run it's course, as well as the objective squad mate and they spawn in A with me. A is gone with no issues, we all die. We take B by spawning on our recon friend who was holding down the towers behind b. Friend takes b with a collapse.

Up till this point, the rest of our team has been nothing but a distraction. Our recon remains on b towers. Our objective squadmate is balanced.

I run down the north side, using smoke and spotting with my friend. He blows B open. We protect it long enough for a destruction. And then there is A. At this point, a person joins the other team who I've long suspected of wall hacking. This obviously completely nullifies the effectiveness of smoke. The tank situates themselves north side, with A in DIRECT view and is largely ignored. Now the real rage begins:

I smoke all around a. Run up, get sniped from WELL outside my smoke. Obviously, we're dealing with a wall hacker, or an effects removing hack. A new approach. I have to use my smoke for everyone else, and remain in impenetrable cover from this idiot. What happens now is the most frustrating scenario that can ever happen in this game.

I plant A. Tank ignores and does all. It's defused.

Not a word of a lie. On the 9th time, I was finally able to get myself out of the plant zone and watch from the outside and protect the plant. A is blown with 7 tickets left.

On the next set, me and my friend take A without a hitch. The tank intimidated the other players, but still managed to do all else. B was a different story. The tank (with his infinite wisdom) decided that completely removing every wall around B was probably the best plan. Now I have to rely entirely on smoke to get the cover I need. This is unfortunate as there is now TWO on the other team who either wall hack or remove environment effects.

I planted B AT LEAST 7 times. The tank was once again in direct view, yet decided that shelling the mcom to protect the plant would be stupid. He is currently at 5 kills 0 deaths. He's been riding the same tank since the beginning. We finally manage B (2 of us) with 4 tickets left by some stroke of luck.

The rest of the team has been in TDM mode since the last set. So they are virtually useless. The tank is doing god knows what. Our sniping squad mate is STILL sitting on the towers. We are on the last set.

This is where it completely falls apart. The tank driver, for whatever reason, decides that he should now try to drive the tank straight in and shoot up. He obviously fails miserably and dies non-stop without netting a single other kill. Our sniper finally decides to move up to the edge of the bridge, so he's almost in our current spawn point now.

I sit on a ammo pack and fire 6 or so smoke rounds in and around the building. My and my friend run up and manage to take A. From this point forward, it's a stale mate. In the last 65 tickets I manage to plant b around 4 times, but the two of us just couldn't hold it down for some reason. The team is playing full out team death match at this point. We Lose.

The tank driver ends with 13/18. He could have EASILY netted a 30-40 kill game had he focused on the charges. Instead he went negative.
bejayel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
MrChris

ahh tank drivers with no cajones, which is strange since it is the most satisfying thing when you jump in a tank and basically do what needs to be done

but yer you are right, especially on Arica second stage etc, if you are in that Abrams and A is planted (B not so urgent unless you got low tickets) then drive down that ing hill and KILL EVERYONE

I think the problem is that a lot of the turds see the tank as something to be protected at all costs, this can sometimes be true, but most of the time you are an asset that has to go places, murder people and if need be you have to explode and die to get it done. Let alone the fact that it respawns lols, or people cannot take an RPG hit without crying

as for the squad thing, I only ever hit the button if I am on with a friend, as it will generally squad us up, otherwise I manually choose a squad
MrChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
Kalabalana

Tanks are often confused for RV's in this game, nice little vehicles that you stop in the middle of nowhere and set up camp.

(99% of all BC2 players use vehicles this way, rather then pushing them up to advance the offensive military line. i.e. What smart people do)
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post
its mainly I bleev because people press the button that says, put me in a squad, which sounds great

but then they just get sent into a locked squad lol
Only happens if you join with Friends. Otherwise it'll put you in any of the Squads that exist. If you happen to alone it'll still be open. Some people might just want to play alone but the join Squad button does not lock Squad unless you got friends on the server.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
Kalabalana

Odd. I've found myself in locked squads by myself.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #11
bejayel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalabalana View Post
Odd. I've found myself in locked squads by myself.
As have I. I select to get put in a squad (without having joined a friend) and it puts me in an empty one and locks the squad despite there being 2 or 3 squads with an open spot.
bejayel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #12
Redtide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefar View Post
Only happens if you join with Friends. Otherwise it'll put you in any of the Squads that exist. If you happen to alone it'll still be open. Some people might just want to play alone but the join Squad button does not lock Squad unless you got friends on the server.
If you've recently joined someone else on your friend's list and you were in a locked squad this is not the case. I've joined servers through the browser and been put in a locked squad by myself.
Redtide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #13
neuromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_blaik View Post
Lvl 50's Stop Being Snoobs
Most of the time that I see high level players being 'snobs' they are ing about:

Quote:
Squads have one person in there and locked.
Squad of Just snipers.
People Look a the the OBJ and doing nothing!
and everyone's complete failure to:

Quote:
Get the FLAG/M-Com or Defend the Flag/M-Com
Help Each Other
PRESS Q for F**K Sake!
neuromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Tuoppi

People whose total contribution to the game is zero are the worst. Even if you are horrible at this game and still try it's better than them. There is a big difference in trying to do something and failing and not doing anything. And there seems to be a lot of people who do nothing but waste server slots.
Tuoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #15
neuromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuoppi View Post
Even if you are horrible at this game and still try it's better than them. There is a big difference in trying to do something and failing and not doing anything.
EXACTLY!

I don't mind my team getting our asses handed to us if everyone at least tries to take/defend points and MCOMS.

Arming an MCOM then having the entire team get slaughtered and the MCOM disarmed while trying to protect it is fine. Arming an MCOM and having the whole team survive because they were on the other side of the map playing deathmatch is ING INFURIATING!!!!
neuromancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series