Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series

Old 12-27-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
spidervol

Live initialization failed..Flat Out UC

Sure, 1€ games are awesomes, but if it dun work.. not awesome anymore

Before posting I searched a bit on the forum and tryed all those compatibility modes, I installed Game For Windows Live ect..

BUT IT STILL DON'T WORK D: can you tell me how to make it work?
Old 12-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
stalker_2020

game works 100% perfectly here & i can play online,in fact i played yesterday,make sure everything is up to date & that firewall is not blocking internet access for GFWL or the game.i use kaspersky & i usually make sure it grants full internet access to my games & applictations.
stalker_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
mister_benn

Thumbs up Always ready to help a fellow traveller!

Really easy. Install the game. Then install the latest 'Direct X', then install 'Visual Basic', then install 'Net Framework', then install 'Games for Windows'. Then all you have to is sign up for a 'Live Account', copy and paste 5 groups of 4 digits alt+tabbing back to windows each time of course. Then when you log in with you account it will update to the latest version of Live. This then crashes the game. But when you run it the new version of Games for Windows is actually installed. Yahay! Log in again, retyping all your stuff because although you clicked remember, it forgot. Then it will ask for another update. This brings up a command prompt, crashes the game again and then every time you try and log in within the game it tries to redownload and update and constantly fails. So give up and go to gamesforwindows.com and get told you need Silverlight to view the page properly so install that. When you have Silverlight get the latest version of Gamesforwindows at the bottom of the page. Install this, but of course this will fail as you need to install 'Live Sign In Assistant' first. Which crashes when you try and install that.

So sadly after all that, you won't be able to play with your friends online as you can't install the Sign In Assistant, which means you can't install Gamesforwindows which means you can't log in to Live which means you cant play online. But at least your PC is now spammed with a ton of Microsoft junk you don't actually need to make the game work.

Hope that makes things clearer?

PS. Don't forget to configure your router to forward all the different the game and Live! requires, you can track them down with google of course.
mister_benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
BenGismo7

lolz...very funny

but I didnt do any of that above and the game works fine. At the most, just upgrade the Games for windows live version then play the game!!

Its not that hard, or at least, it shouldnt be!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
spidervol

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidervol View Post
Before posting I searched a bit on the forum and tryed all those compatibility modes, I installed Game For Windows Live ect..
Please read the red part x_x'
spidervol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
BenGismo7

Where do you get to in the windows live authentication bit that stops you?? (I succesfully did this yesterday = so I know it can work even though it took 2 tries). Now it works evertime automatically. No probs

I take it you know your login and password and have tried it sucessfully outside of the game?? Have you entered your CD key ok?

Games for windows live is crap, but it wont stop you from playing.

What exactly is the problem? Is it accepting your game key ok?? Can you log into GFWL ok outside of the game?? Where does it fail. Does it crash or just refuse to let you into the game??

Last edited by BenGismo7: 12-27-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:16 AM   #7
thinkr

Seriously Microsoft Fails! Who else! I'm getting the same error! installed signin assistant and hotfix patch fixed the game one launch then restart OS problem came right back...

Wow headlines read Microsoft Fails to write working software causing other companies to get a bad publicity and irritated customers.

hope a patch comes out soon.

Specs: Windows XP Pro 32bit Service Pack 3
hardware: Q9550 Intel Processor
Gigabyte Mobo EP45-UD3L

I'm wondering if this problem is happening to Win7 users as well... plz post specs to get a better picture guys.
thinkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #8
wade

Hey, this is probably falling on deaf ears, but I really want to play Flatout UC with a pal of mine and need some help.

After installing this game I played it without a problem, as I have played many other GFWL games. It signed in as usual and I played a few of the different game modes. Today when I try to play it sits there signing in for about 2 - 3 minutes before giving me an error message saying something along the lines of connection problems.

I can connect to my e-mail (which uses the same account) perfectly fine, it's not the password, I updated GFWL without a problem and can even sign in to it using the stand alone program. I checked the troubleshooting on their website and it mentioned opening some ports so I tried that to no avail. I decided to start up dirt 2 (another GFWL game) and see if it was having the same problem, and it is. I confirmed that neither games are blocked by my firewall.

After GFWL has its error message the game freezes and I have to ctrl + alt + del to close the process.

I've never had any trouble (besides the trouble inherent in) using GFWL before. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #9
wade

Huzzah, sorry for the double post, but felt this warranted it.

After googling my error code I found this link which has some steps. It apparently fixes a few different error codes so give it a whirl if you're having problems. It worked for me. Though I still don't understand why there was a problem in the first place I'm glad I managed to find a solution so quickly.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:12 AM   #10
spidervol

OK I'M SORRY EVERYONE, at begginin, when I started the game from steam it didnt start, then I looked into the FlatOut UC folder then when I started game it said ""cannot start because "xlive.dll" is missing"" so I downloaded xlive.dll and putted it into flatout UC folder, then today I took it off, and game is running.. @_@ sorry

Last edited by spidervol: 12-29-2010 at 07:12 AM.
spidervol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
thinkr

Red face PROBLEM SOLVED!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

PROBLEM SOLVED!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!

Used Windows UPDATE Updated Live essentials and Games for windows live Update through windows update all problems Solved!

Back to normal
thinkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
flak998

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidervol View Post
OK I'M SORRY EVERYONE, at begginin, when I started the game from steam it didnt start, then I looked into the FlatOut UC folder then when I started game it said ""cannot start because "xlive.dll" is missing"" so I downloaded xlive.dll and putted it into flatout UC folder, then today I took it off, and game is running.. @_@ sorry

same problem here, where did you get the .dll?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series