Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops

Old 01-25-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
Kaiser Tarkin

Exclamation I cant watch my own replays after the patch

Well, I'm having trouble watching my own replays. The Error ( An error has occurred while connecting to the server.) I can't watch my own file share and recent games. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #2
SaintAvalon

I am having the same issue since I patched my game.

Is there any news on what is causing this or how to fix it?
SaintAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:57 AM   #3
zomgzomg

Demos often break after patching in a lot of games so BO is not the only one which has this issue. As far as I know there is no way around it.
zomgzomg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
SaintAvalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgzomg View Post
Demos often break after patching in a lot of games so BO is not the only one which has this issue. As far as I know there is no way around it.
Who said anything about demo? We are talking about the replay feature using theater mode.

I select on of my file share (saved to their server) and it won't load it, I select one in my recent games and those won't load either... kicks me back with that same message.
SaintAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
h0tp0ck3t

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvalon View Post
Who said anything about demo? We are talking about the replay feature using theater mode.

I select on of my file share (saved to their server) and it won't load it, I select one in my recent games and those won't load either... kicks me back with that same message.
as i understand it the server is actually playing back the match in real time (like a demo), so any inconsistencies between the two patches (say the Uzi had less recoil) would cause the server to freak out and show a kill where it shouldn't be. or something like that
h0tp0ck3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:40 AM   #6
Kaiser Tarkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tp0ck3t View Post
as i understand it the server is actually playing back the match in real time (like a demo), so any inconsistencies between the two patches (say the Uzi had less recoil) would cause the server to freak out and show a kill where it shouldn't be. or something like that
So are you saying that it's gone forever? Because of the patch changes of weapons? Which confuses the game?
Kaiser Tarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 AM   #7
tooki100

As far as I know; only gameplay pre patch is unwatchable; I had to delete some epic gameplay. But the patch corrupted the gameplay thats why we get "error has occurred while connecting to the server"

Last edited by tooki100: 01-25-2011 at 08:17 AM.
tooki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:52 AM   #8
5hi7h34d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvalon View Post
Theater mode is a server-side demo. Been around since Quake. Records everything that happens from the server POV, not just certain players.
5hi7h34d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
ChrisPBacon2

I have been getting the same error message with my two saved theater films after the patch. I recommend to do what I did earlier and save your good videos to your PC hard drive as a video file so you can enjoy them later or upload them to YouTube.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
Kaiser Tarkin

Dose Treyarch know about this?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #11
Kaiser Tarkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPBacon2 View Post
I have been getting the same error message with my two saved theater films after the patch. I recommend to do what I did earlier and save your good videos to your PC hard drive as a video file so you can enjoy them later or upload them to YouTube.
Would you please show us how to do that? Wheres the location of the videos in the COD files?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
cool_zed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Tarkin View Post
Would you please show us how to do that? Wheres the location of the videos in the COD files?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...ight=recording

Great thread that might please you!
cool_zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
ChrisPBacon2

Black Ops Clips and Movies, A quick How-To For the PC crowd
FAQ in the Block Quote b

• What are the steps to recording my game?
1. The first step obviously is to play a match. After the match you have to exit out to the main screen where you then select "Theater" then "My Recent Games". Select the game you want to record from, select start film and after a short download you'll be placed into the match as a spectator. You have three viewing options that you can select from, free view, first person, and third person. Cycle your view by pressing F2.

2. The second step is to record, how ever and whatever you want press 'R' and you'll start recording what's in your screen's field of view. After you've recorded as much as you want press 'R' again and the recording will stop. This will be your first clip. After you name it your clip will be saved.

3. Record as many clips as you need to make your movie and get ready to party.

4. Once you're ready, hit 'ESC' and choose manage your clips. Here you can view, delete or re-arrange your clips as you see fit.

5. You can return to the video and record more segments at any time (up to 10 total it looks like)

6. When you're satisfied with your movie, you can hit esc again and do one of two options (both options do basically the same thing I believe): Upload the clip, This will put the video up on your file share. End Film will give you the option to save your video, selecting this option also saves the video to your file share. Your friends can now see your clips by viewing your file share.

• Great! I've recorded my movie now I want to download it to my PC

1. Not a problem! You can download the movie by going to the 'Theater' Menu, 'My File Share' and clicking on the clip/movie you want to download. In the menu after you click on the clip you want to download, select 'Render Clip' You'll see a downloading message as the file is saved to your computer.

• Swell! Now where is the clip i just downloaded?

1. Black Ops downloads this clip to your '...\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\movies' folder

• Will the GUI or the HUD show up in my videos?

1. The GUI will not show up in your videos. No one will see the progress bar or the buttons.
2. The HUD on the other hand will show up unless disabled by pressing F4. (The HUD is the player names on the screen along with the kill feed in free view)

• What are the marks on the time-line for?

1. On the time-line there are verticle lines marked, if you are in first or third person the red line shows when the player you are currently spectating dies while the green shows when he got kills. This is particularly helpful for avoiding watching a player for a long stretch of inactivity. If you are in free view the white lines show each time a player scores a kill.

2. These lines also give you 'jump points'. By pressing the '←' or '→' key you can jump to these marks.

• Can I slow down or speed up the video?

1. Yes you can. Press the ↑↓ keys to speed up and slow down the video
Old 01-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #14
Kaiser Tarkin

I thought you mean that the replays are saved already in your Pc however your missing the point, We can't DOWNLOAD our own Replays in Theater mode. It's more of the game's problem on the Treyarch's server side. My friends can't even watch my replays...So if we can't DOWNLOAD it we can't RENDER it thus meaning that the patch screw over all the GAME REPLAYS BEFORE THE RECENT PATCH CAME OUT. Has anyone informed Treyarch's forums or the BO forums about this problem. I do not want to delete my replays over a stupid Connection Error to server.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
HuHu

WTF........ this is absolutely f*cking me off tbh, i didnt spend all that time online to watch my theater mode videos get flushed down the drain, this is ridiculous, why make a place where you can save your own videos only for them not to render over a stupid issue like that, shouldn't this be somthing that was fixed along time ago if it use to happen to older games? i mean aaaaaargh!! hahahahahhahah

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops