Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Breach

Old 01-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
MilkyWay_l

Angry How to get money back?

People is there any way to get the money back? I feel robbed... the game suc** big time, it has nothing to do to what is seen in videos. It's impossible to play..... awfull...

Old 01-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
FutureMillenniu

Nope, Steam offers no refunds.
FutureMillenniu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Iconoclast XVII

You can only get a refund on an item you preorder, and that is only if you cancel the preorder before the game is released.
Iconoclast XVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
Tybalt

At least you didn't buy Alien Vs. Predator for 50 bucks and have it die within the month.

As far as I'm concerned, I got what I payed for with this 12 dollar game.

I for one am happy. This game has tons of potential once you get past the small learning curve.

Suck it up, pretty boy.
Tybalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
paziek

Well, if you bought it with credit card, you should be able to get that transaction canceled with your bank. But Steam will block your account if you do so. EU law also allows for returns within 10 days (or so) after purchase. I'm not sure what kind of limitations there are tho, perhaps if you used your product you can't return it anymore under EU law. So while Steam would have to comply, they would most likely block your account as well.
paziek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
lysiu

why there are no refunds?
lysiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
Crunchwrap

Banned
If you whine about it enough and complain enough to Steam Support, they will offer you a "one time customer support gesture" to refund your money. I've seen people do this with terrible games like Bloodbowl and Rogue Warrior.

But just remember, once you use up this "one time" gesture, you'll never be able to use it again. Want to blow it on a 12 dollar game, or save it for a real emergency?
Crunchwrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
Ecirp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkyWay_l View Post
People is there any way to get the money back? I feel robbed... the game suc** big time, it has nothing to do to what is seen in videos. It's impossible to play..... awfull...
What exactly?
Ecirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
BanHammers

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkyWay_l View Post
and the moral of this story is dont buy a game at launch.
BanHammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
StakeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysiu View Post
why there are no refunds?
Because you can't return a game just because you don't like it. If Steam openly offered refunds, people would buy and play games all the time... and just demand a refund after they tested it out (or beat it). If you read the fine print when you buy a game from Steam, they make no promis that the game will work well, or that it will be bug free.

Anyway, Breach was $12... you don't buy a multiplayer FPS for $12 and expect it to be amazing or bug free. If you have such expectations, then its your own damn fault.
StakeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
prozac26

If you paid with PayPal, open a dispute.

If you paid with a credit card, call them and say you didn't receive the goods you paid for, and ask for a charge-back.
prozac26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #12
artbava

Do you really care about those 12 box? If you cancel paypal or credit card steam will block your account. Do you think it worth it? Let it go, it is not that money anyway...
artbava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
Zero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozac26 View Post
If you paid with PayPal, open a dispute.

If you paid with a credit card, call them and say you didn't receive the goods you paid for, and ask for a charge-back.
I'm not 100% sure but if you do a charge back with Steam I believe your account will be disabled.

I don't think Steam do refunds, the morale of this story is don't buy games on release day wait for feedback.

Will I ever learn I bought Lead and Gold, Tango Down and now Breach on release day. ( Face Palm )

Never again will I buy a low priced game on release day.
Zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Breach