Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Europa Universalis series

Old 01-28-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
rustimac

Smile Steam servers are too busy

Ok, now I have a new issue with this game..
Steam decided to make a small update yesterday (2,4 MB if I remember..), but it stopped download at 99%. Then steam wrote "update paused" (without me being able to resume it). When I tried to play the game, I got either "Game unavailable" or "Steam server are too busy, try again in a few minutes".
I still have the same problem today. I tried to delete everything and re-download the game, but I got the same result (download stops at 99%, then "update paused" and "servers too busy" to let me play..)

I tried with another game (Left 4 dead) and it launched perfectly, so the problem really seems to be related to EUIII.

I tried some tricks written on steam support page (like changing download region or renaming clientregistry.blob..) but it doesn't work.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:38 AM   #2
cirourbino

I hope.......... Why Steam and/or Paradox don't help us that we pay 3 games!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
clocknova

same problem

Same problem here. I even did exactly what you did by deleting local content and reinstalling it. Great speed right up until 99%, then nothing. Argh. There's so little left to download; that's the most insulting thing. It's literally just a few kb, maybe just a few bytes. That's all!

Last edited by clocknova: 01-28-2011 at 06:58 AM. Reason: adding info
clocknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Totalitator

I'm having this problem as well. EU3 had been stuck with a 14KB update that would never resume. Add to that I was having trouble downloading anything else. I even had a complete hard system freeze (OS X 10.6.6) over it. I deleted the entire EU3 folder from SteamApps and then my other stuff downloaded okay and the crashing stopped. However, when I went to re-download EU3 I end up with it at 99% and it absolutely will not resume just like the others here are saying, and attempting to play gets the Game Not Available message.
Totalitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
teufel0331

WHERE IS THE SUPPORT ON THIS?!

i'm having the same problem. totally uninstalled, reinstalled, blah blah blah. where is steam on this issue?! do you not have anyone monitoring these forums?! just a quick: "lookin' into it" would suffice, really.

the future of customer service looks grim.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
cirourbino

Why Steam and/or Paradox don't help us?

Old 01-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
rustimac

After having reboot steam many many times, I finally had the surprised to see a "item complete". The download was finished.

And by some magic thing, the game launched.

Don't know if it's the same for you.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
teufel0331

yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustimac View Post
After having reboot steam many many times, I finally had the surprised to see a "item complete". The download was finished.

And by some magic thing, the game launched.

Don't know if it's the same for you.
it's working again but now everytime i reload a save it crashes after a couple days, grrrrrr....
Old 01-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
milkmaidseyes

so, i had this exact problem, but my handsome fiance solved it for me.
all i needed was this system update:
http://support.apple.com/downloads/M..._10_5_8_Update

i had os x 10.5.7, and the game requires .8, so as soon as i installed the update the download completed, and now it works fine.

good luck!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:38 AM   #10
rustimac

I was on OS X 10.6.6 when I got the problem.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Europa Universalis series