Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magicka

Old 01-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
OnyxBMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mideg View Post
Does that mean that I need to open port 27016 on my router to host games? UDP or TCP? (UPNP is and will be disbled.)

(I am not going to ask why someone build the option to choose a port as well as display the port that was chosen in specified option if it was not used....)
I would imagine yes, you would need to forward it. And the port part is probably an artifact in the steam version from the not-so-steam version.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
fullwolf1725

So let me get this right... I can't play the game b/c I have Intel on my labtop? Why didn't you guys mention that BEFORE the night prior to release? ya know, BEFORE people started downloading it, only to realized that they were screwed out of their money. Having a specific graphic card is crucial information.... I am not happy that I now wasted my money!!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
reemr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullwolf1725 View Post
So let me get this right... I can't play the game b/c I have Intel on my labtop? Why didn't you guys mention that BEFORE the night prior to release? ya know, BEFORE people started downloading it, only to realized that they were screwed out of their money. Having a specific graphic card is crucial information.... I am not happy that I now wasted my money!!
Nobody stopped you from trying the demo before you bought the actual game.
reemr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #19
Dark_Oppressor

Quote:
It was on the minimum requirements from the beginning.
Dark_Oppressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #20
TheArmCommander

Quote:
They did mention it.

Minimum requirements = GeForce 8800 or better ...

Integrated graphics cant compete with that ... not by a longshot.
TheArmCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #21
Sage009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimeFish View Post
Awesomely good work! Thanks ^^

One question though - why was it decided to cap the number of possible summoned summons to 16 per player? Assuming you play 4 players, that's 64 summons.
I know my game crashed with only like, 30 elementals up xD

Just curious ...
Only 30? I can do 40 zombies PLUS 10 elementals before my game crashes
Sage009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
Feynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox__rep View Post
ADDITIONAL INFO:

Please follow these general steps and hopefully it'll help most of you.

Make sure you're on a computer that has sufficient juice - Magicka does not support Intel integrated graphic cards!

MINIMUM Requirements
  • Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
  • Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Hard disk space: 2 GB Available HDD Space
  • Video: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900 equivalent
  • Direct X-compatible sound card
  • DirectX® 9
  • 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
  • Internet connection for multiplayer

We've seen that a bunch of players are reporting that the game is running poorly on their netbooks/laptops. This is because their computers don't have proper graphics cards. This is the primary reason why their game is acting up. Magicka does not support integrated graphic cards, especially INTEL ones!
I don't think the parts about the Intel graphics support is done right. People will miss that small little blurb. You need to use SIZE="7" tags next time.
Feynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #23
Mivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox__rep View Post
[*]Network uplink bandwidth, while improved, can be demanding
Could you clarify this point with numbers, please? What uplink bandwidth is required for fluid gameplay and no lag with two, three and four players?

This is probably the main reason why so many players have trouble in multiplayer.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #24
Dustin1280

Can't wait to play the game tonight when I get home. I have less and less trouble playing online with every patch and this seems like its going to fix the bulk of the issues.
Dustin1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #25
Slazza

MP still suffers from bad desync issues.

The lag is fixed however.

Patch did bugger all.
Slazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #26
cushenstein

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing, all through the weekend! It's very much appreciated.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #27
taco_tuesdays

Wow, thank you guys so much. You're the most committed dev team I've ever seen, by far. The game is awesome, especially multiplayer, so I hope this patch will make it more playable!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
slingblade234

Awesome! You fixed the only issue I was having (the jittering on high end systems in fullscreen, multiplayer has been working great for me over Tunngle). Will give playing through steam a try to see how it performs.

That's a pretty substantial patch, no doubt the product of working through the weekend. Thank you so much for your continued effort and support!
slingblade234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:32 PM   #29
Fri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArmCommander View Post
They did mention it.

Minimum requirements = GeForce 8800 or better ...

Integrated graphics cant compete with that ... not by a longshot.
There are no _technical_ reasons why integrated GPU's would not work. They only has a limited VRAM and it can be slower. But even Crysis works at integrated GPU's with enough FPS.

The only demand for games should be that what is VRAM amount and GPU speed and DirectX / OpenGL version.

Todays integrated GPU's in laptops are mostly same GPU's as are on external 3D cards on desktop computers.

Is there a technical reason why Magicka does not work with integrated GPU what has 256 VRAM, 680Mhz speed with 12 processing units and DirectX 10.0, OpenGL 2.1 and Pixel Shader 4.0 compability?

The game does not look like it would demand 16x FFA, 1GB VRAM, 24 processing units and a PCI-E connector.
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 PM   #30
Quatrix

Banned
"Updates to Magicka have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted."

What?
Quatrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magicka