Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Madballs in... Babo: Invasion

Old 12-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
takumalight

"Is the game any good?"

Since I know you'll all be coming here and asking it, I'll just copy-paste my "steam recommendation".

Quote:
The multiplayer is basically dead. I only hope there's some way to bring it back becuase it was some of the all-time best fun I've every had in a multiplayer game. As good as or maybe even better than TF2 in fact.

Aside from that, the single-player campaign, good as it is, will provide you good entertainment, if only for a few times through.

But if you can find some buddies who have the game to play some co-op campaign, survival, or maybe even some multiplayer modes like "Invasion", this game will surely be a favorite.
Seriously. I'd do just about anything to get the Multiplayer base going again. I'll surely be watching to see if anyone picks this game up and starts joining some servers.

IMPORTANT DLC INFO:

First off, cool as the skins are, they are COSMETIC ONLY and don't affect gameplay. Although, if memory serves me, you can essentially play a character before you've unlocked him/her if you possess an alternate skin.

"Campaign Deserters Pack" Some people didn't like the idea of having to play through the campaign to get three of the skins (Maltron, Stone, Grok) so this just gives you those three skins so you can do all your leveling up in the multiplayer modes.

"Anarchy Pack" Plain and simple, this DLC gives you all the unlockable characters, weapons, and abilities without having to level up. This was made available because some players expressed a dislike for being so limited on choices when they mostly play multiplayer, as it's a bit slower process unlocking things this way (though possibly more fun than the campaign).

Last edited by takumalight: 12-31-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Metro

You forgot to mention: The developers have completely abandoned this game after some great initial support for the first few months.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
takumalight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
You forgot to mention: The developers have completely abandoned this game after some great initial support for the first few months.
Well, yes, that would seem to be true. That doesn't really have to do with how good the game is though. Devs or not, the game is solid if we can get the playerbase going again.
takumalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
Hammerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumalight View Post
Well, yes, that would seem to be true. That doesn't really have to do with how good the game is though. Devs or not, the game is solid if we can get the playerbase going again.
Pretty much what i was going to say.

Really its a shame, this game is really awsome but people just dont play it...
Hammerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumalight View Post
...if we can get the playerbase going again.
Not going to happen. People have been wanting that for a year -- biggest problem were jerks (and with only two or so games up you really couldn't avoid them) and no mechanism to prevent team stacking (which people did all the time).

As far as developer support, I'd say it is definitely a factor people use in making purchase decisions. It is for me.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Demo_Boy

The SP campaign and Survival modes are worth the price of admission. There's a free match3 minigame Babo Crash in the main menu too.

PVP is awesome with all the combinations and counters, but you're likely to find only duels if you don't invite your friends to play with you.

Overall, this is a game I love as much as Tribes 2.
Demo_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
DeadlyFred

I grabbed it when it was on sale over the holidays. Great little game with a lot of style and polish going for it and, it figures, virtually no one plays it. I would love more games like this to exist.
DeadlyFred is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Madballs in... Babo: Invasion