Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > M.U.D. TV

Old 05-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
LarzJG

It's just not fun

I played the demo and bought the retail from amazon, and the basic problem with this game is that it's not fun. The basic idea sounds great, it's like The Movies in a TV station but the gameplay never becomes anything more than monotonous work.

You grab ad contracts and look for TV shows that can fulfill them. Then you match those two in a TV schedule, and that's basically it. It's incredibly data-heavy, meaning you have to sit and analyse graphs more than you probably want to, so you can schedule your TV shows in the right time slots.

I like analysing graphs, it's kind of what I work with. But in a game, it's just dull. Add to that some pretty glaring omissions in the interface, like not being able to see anywhere how many times an ad has been broadcast - and it's just a fairly boring game.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Jon-Claw

Not to mention the game speed chugs at max.
Jon-Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Think

Agreed! Bleh!
Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
benghazzi

I want my money back

It is a horrible game, I expected much more. Many computer game magazines gave it 70% and more ratings but now I realize they must have been bribed or something.

I spent 50 Euro on this crap and couldnt stand to play it longer than 4 hours. And I am a guy who loves this sort of games, played Airline Tycoon and Movies for a very long time.
benghazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
giskarduk

I must agree too, its a routine affair that is missing the fun factor. Same old stuff over and over again. Feels more like a job than a game.
giskarduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Shamrock2211

My Goodness I wish I read these forums before I bought the game. This game sucks. There is nothing fun about it at all. Played for about hour and half and game is tedious and feel's like a chore instead of fun.

Game would of been much better if you could just concentrate on making money, hiring/training staff, and building/designing your studio. I would of loved to just hire staff to do all this tedious crap for actually making the shows/series/movies. The fact that you have to do literally every single thing your self makes this game terrible. I mean heck I spend 30 minutes making a TV show, hiring everyone I have to hire, walking to each room, going from lobby to studio 3 times,to get commercials, look at graphs, match commercials to viewers etc.. etc.. and I'm like man finally I'm done with that and watch my show. Then I realized all that is to the game is doing that same crap over and over and over again.

I just donated 30 bucks to the developers I guess because this game got deleted from my computer already.

Last edited by Shamrock2211: 10-01-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Shamrock2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
nugarin

better hold on dungeons then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock2211 View Post
My Goodness I wish I read these forums before I bought the game. This game sucks. There is nothing fun about it at all. Played for about hour and half and game is tedious and feel's like a chore instead of fun.

Game would of been much better if you could just concentrate on making money, hiring/training staff, and building/designing your studio. I would of loved to just hire staff to do all this tedious crap for actually making the shows/series/movies. The fact that you have to do literally every single thing your self makes this game terrible. I mean heck I spend 30 minutes making a TV show, hiring everyone I have to hire, walking to each room, going from lobby to studio 3 times,to get commercials, look at graphs, match commercials to viewers etc.. etc.. and I'm like man finally I'm done with that and watch my show. Then I realized all that is to the game is doing that same crap over and over and over again.

I just donated 30 bucks to the developers I guess because this game got deleted from my computer already.
planned to pre-purchase dungeons - since it's same studio it seems that I'll have to wait to read its reviews first..
nugarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:55 AM   #8
fredingue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarzJG View Post
Add to that some pretty glaring omissions in the interface, like not being able to see anywhere how many times an ad has been broadcast - and it's just a fairly boring game.
There is a way. It is shown in your archive box as the number of passages needed for the commercial: that data is evolutive

Per ex :if you took a 4 times per day broadcast, after 3 passages, 2 fullfiled and 1 missed, the "broadcasts icon" will have changed from 4 to 2
fredingue is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > M.U.D. TV