Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Sector

Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
bobbygr

controls keep resetting to defaults

I modify the controls to the way I want them. When I exit the game and restart a new game, the controls go back to defaults!

Can someone give me a hand with this? I don't understand it

Please HEEELLLPP!

Thanks,

Bob

Old 02-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
tikihuano

Probably way to late to say anything about this post but I'll go ahead so maybe someone still having problems might see this.

It happened to me, too. What I did was ( I don't have the game on steam) went into the dark sector game folder. Probably found under steamapps in the steam folder. Go to the dark sector game and find "Dark Sector - Configs" folder. In there should be 3 files. Go to the "DS" file and open it with a text editor. Best time to do this is right after you exit the game, file is still saved but for some reason once you open the game again, it resets. I don't know why but this worked for me. You should see all the available keymaps available and you can set the keys you want to the actions.

Now I did notice some of the button mappings we're kind of confusing like the mouse buttons. I had to look up online how to word the mouse buttons I think, it's been so long I can't remember but this is how I did it and it worked. Hope it helps.
tikihuano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dark Sector