Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Nordic Games

Old 08-04-2010, 03:30 AM   #106
ThomJWD

JoWooD Entertainment
Well, you are right that this would be perhaps easier but it would destroy additional possibilities. As an example Chaser: we did not have the rights for this game any more but as it was named as often, we contacted the devs and found an arrangement and as it was named as often, we could also convince Valve to bring it online.

This is not possible for all games (the whole giant series will not be online at any time from JoWooD), but perhaps we will find some additional options or perhaps we can use this thread for finding new projects we can working on in the future as we can see the way of games you really liked
ThomJWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #107
WereCrow

What about Soldner and its expansion pack? I know it went down hard because of bugs and a lot of trouble with the developers. But when I heard a sequel was planned I was really stoked for it! (and just as much dissapointed when I heard it got canceled)

But still its a really great game and to see it on steam would be pretty dang awesome :>
WereCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #108
ThomJWD

JoWooD Entertainment
Aura - Fate of the Ages is now available. Aura 2: The Sacred Rings was unfortunately cancelled due to some Steam software compatibility issues.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:31 AM   #109
Toto pectore

It was explained once - they don't have rights to Silent Storm anymore.
Toto pectore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #110
Nick58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto pectore View Post
It was explained once - they don't have rights to Silent Storm anymore.
Not in this thread, but thanks for the info.
Nick58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #111
jindra

You guys should put Freakout Extreme Freeride on steam. I don't think a lot of people know about it. It's a great casual skiing game.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 AM   #112
ThomJWD

JoWooD Entertainment
Neighbours from Hell Compliation (so, part 1 & 2) was signed with Valve as back cat title. We are expecting a release in Q1 2011 after the whole Christmas stress is over

PS: I will look into Freakout for the next amendment.

PPS: Neighbours from Hell created some technical issues with Steam software. The release will be delayed and there is huge chance that it will not go online unfortunately.

Last edited by ThomJWD: 02-23-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #113
doomx041

Freak Out: Extreme Freeride is the best. Put it on steam

Regards

DoomX
doomx041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #114
Cannibal

Almost every title but when?

Can any one tell me when is steam gonna add Neighbours fro hell 1 & 2? infact all the games from JoWood should be there on steam.
Cannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #115
Megalomaniac

Nordic Games Austria
Valve doesnt like Neighbours from Hell. We want to put it on Steam via Greenlight but to achieve that you need to help us once everything is set up.

We currently have a port of NFH to Unity engine in development so that it runs just smooth on all new systems

Old 08-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #116
Djinjifila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
Valve doesnt like Neighbours from Hell. We want to put it on Steam via Greenlight but to achieve that you need to help us once everything is set up.

We currently have a port of NFH to Unity engine in development so that it runs just smooth on all new systems
What about the Agatha Christie games, Aura 2, NiBiRu, the Black Mirror games, etc?!? Would you be able to try to put them via Greenlight?
Djinjifila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:45 AM   #117
doomx041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post

...and Freak Out: Extreme Freeride!!! My vote and my friends' votes are comming....
doomx041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:18 AM   #118
ThomNG

Nordic Games
We have started using Greenlight, Silent Storm is actually the first game: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=93053654

Let's evaluate those wishes and games here and have a look what we will enter into Greenlight within the next weeks.

@Djinjifila: Agatha Christie titles were online and are still in the back end system available but we cannot put them online again due to legal difficulties currently. Maybe that will change sometimes again. Aura 2 is also available in the back end but was denied due to issues with the Steamworks overlap. And NiBiRu as well as Black Mirror are just available for North America. In general adventure games are faced with a difficult situation on Steam (not as successful as other genres) but various games such as The Book of Unwritten Tales or Deponia can change that. We will see.

Stay tuned and please vote for Silent Storm.
Cheers
ThomNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #119
Djinjifila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomNG View Post
We have started using Greenlight, Silent Storm is actually the first game: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=93053654

Let's evaluate those wishes and games here and have a look what we will enter into Greenlight within the next weeks.

@Djinjifila: Agatha Christie titles were online and are still in the back end system available but we cannot put them online again due to legal difficulties currently. Maybe that will change sometimes again. Aura 2 is also available in the back end but was denied due to issues with the Steamworks overlap. And NiBiRu as well as Black Mirror are just available for North America. In general adventure games are faced with a difficult situation on Steam (not as successful as other genres) but various games such as The Book of Unwritten Tales or Deponia can change that. We will see.

Stay tuned and please vote for Silent Storm.
Cheers
I hope that you'll be able to resolve the Agatha Christie games issues and put them on again. As far as Aura 2 is concerned - I feel that you guys have to try solving the issue again. I am sure you can do it. Please try and do something about NiBiRu, Next Life/Reprobates and The Black Mirror. Putting them on Steam for a minimal price ala Syberia can really help the genre not only on Steam but in general as well. Same goes for Return To Mysterious Island , Secret Of The Lost Cavern and all the other Kheops Studio games.

P.S - Please consider games like Schizm 1 & 2 (a.k.a Mysterious Journey 1 & 2 ) and Sentinel.

Thank you guys in advance. With your help we may be able to revive the genre not only on Steam but in general

Last edited by Djinjifila: 08-31-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Djinjifila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #120
LepraSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomNG View Post
I love Silent Storm, I have S2, S3 and H&S, but i really hope for some better modern hardware compatibility. For example, I was able to play with all shadows only on prehistoric FX5900, not to mention Unsupported video card error. Nevertheless, i wish you luck on Greenlight
LepraSK is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Nordic Games